about 1 year ago
Information on the company
In a nutshell this amazing company get out there and raise funds for amazing charities such as, Plan International, Oxfam, Action Aid, War Child and Bernardos.
The close-knit teams of passionate fundraisers operate all over the UK, such as Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol and London, visiting towns and cities in and around these hubs.
The UK’s longest running street fundraising company. Their mission is to provide true value to their clients through donor acquisition, retention and partnership. They are very passionate about charities that work in Development and for Children and have carefully selected the clients we work with. They promote regular, long term giving through direct debit donations and pride ourselves on the quality donors we source for our charity partners.
If raising money for charity is something you are passionate about, this is the perfect role and company for you.
How you can expect to spend your day:
The role of a street fundraiser is a full time, permanent position (Mon – Fri, 35 hrs at site, per week) with around an hour and a quarter paid breaks a day. You work in teams of between 4 and 6 (the same people everyday) with a team leader who is there to coach you in the skills you need and keep you happy.
The whole point of the role is to raise money for the charity you’re representing in the form of direct debits, which is very effective because unlike a one-off cash donation they will hopefully be lifelong gifts and therefore make a larger contribution to our charities.
This great company only employ people who are genuinely talented at fundraising there are a few things they do that set them apart from other fundraising companies;
* Pay well upfront – as opposed to driving unwanted commission focused behaviours
* No targets – They trust you to do the best you can and understand that everyone performs at a different level depending on your ability
I know what you’re thinking, if they’re not going to manage me, what are they going to do?
Well, firstly they choose the right people, those that have the talent to naturally excel at the job and those who want to do well for the sake of doing well.
When we get that right there are only two things left to do;
1) Give you the skills needed to do well; we have a lot of experience, we’ve all done this for a long time and we know what works and what doesn’t and of course we give you training on the charity you are going to represent (you also might get to meet them if you’re lucky).
2) Find other people you are happy to work with, you have to spend all day with them after all.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
* Positive and Passionate about working in the charity sector
* High energy, and able to manage rejection with empathy
* Confident and comfortable with speaking with people
What are the perks of working at this company?
* Travel is expenses are covered
* Ability to carve yourself a career in fundraising – natural progression to Team Leader – Regional Manager.
* Team socials
* Life long friendships
* The skills you gain from this role will stick with you for the rest of your life, sales & negotiating skills will be exemplar
Apply for this role