4 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Telefonica IT Infrastructure environment is a dynamic team environment responsible for the Architecture, Design and Operations (alongside 3rd Party Suppliers) of Telefonica’s high availability, business critical IT Infrastructure. The Infrastructure team:
* Architects, Designs and Builds all IT Infrastructure in line with best practices on Telefonica’s business critical Infrastructure.
* Proactively performs scheduled changes within specified Maintenance Windows ensuring the Infrastructure is always up to date and running at optimum efficiency.
* Reactively resolves any incidents which occur and ensures these are responded to promptly, professionally and within agreed Service Level Agreements.
The Telefonica IT Infrastructure Team consists of Service Delivery Managers, Design Managers, Solution Architects, Design Leads, Design Engineers, Engagement Analysts, Service Leads and Cloud Platform Engineers.
A functional role with responsibility for the Security and Vulnerability Management Processes; Remediation, Patching, Security Testing.
Ensure the processes are being followed and producing meaningful output.
The escalation point for all security incidents, vulnerabilities and misuse that could cause security risks to Telefónica.
Manage the correct method of remediation activity.
Strategic involvement to identify new technology products/tools and procedures.
Accountability for ensuring we can identify all security incidents, vulnerabilities and misuse that could cause security risks to Telefónica.
Management of the security patching calendar seeking consent from various stakeholders to provide the required down time for security patching. Measure and report the patching compliance status.
Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements
Analyse the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
Operational assets are scanned on a monthly basis, when an asset is scanned it is based on its network location. Build assets are scanned on a daily basis in order to provide timely vulnerability information to project
* Supervisory role over supplier to ensure they follow Telefonica’s Security Management Processes; Remediation, Patching, Security Testing
* Manage the vulnerability management process that will address the aspects of detection, categorization, classification, prioritisation and governance aspects until their resolution.
* Vulnerability identification and classification
* Zero Day process management
* Automation of patching through toolsets like Blade Logic
* Scheduling of remediation
* Coordinate with various stakeholders such as application owner and Telefónica internal teams to provide the required down time for security patching.
* Ensure all supported operating systems are updated to the latest update or release version of that software as part of the BAU patching service.
* Manage patching compliance status and ensure accurate reporting during the Vulnerability forum
Skills & experience:
* University degree or demonstrable experience in a similar role
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio & Sharepoint)
* An understanding and appreciation of technical requirements
* Experience using vulnerability scanning tools, techniques, procedure and sound knowledge of current vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them.
* Familiar with Qualys scanning and Threat Assessment tools
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.