3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical subject or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working with one or more programming languages, including Java, C++ and/or Python.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience with large broadcasters and/or operators.
* Experience working with embedded systems such as game consoles or set top boxes.
* Knowledge of DRX and monetization options available to display and video advertisers.
* Familiarity with video related technologies, such as ABR streaming protocols (HLS, DASH, CMAF), DRM and broadcast automation systems.
* Familiarity with video advertising related technologies such as VAST, VPAID and VMAP.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About the job
Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
The Video Consulting team is at the forefront of the video innovation and paving the way to the TV of the future. We work directly with the largest global broadcasters to consult and implement their video strategy across the web, OTT devices and TV broadcasting. Video Solutions Consultants are online advertising and technology consultants, who act as liaisons between our partners and Google's Engineering, Product and Sales teams.
In this role you will participate in the development of agreements while also leading implementations and integrations for a variety of our product lines. You'll also provide end-to-end support to our publisher partners, from deployment to ongoing support of daily business. As a technical expert, you'll work closely with the partner Sales teams to monitor our products' performance for our clients, developing tools that address their technological and business needs and identifying opportunities that scale and grow Google's partner business.
You will act as a specialist in video advertising, using your technical knowledge and operational experience in Video on Demand (VoD), Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI), Live Streaming and TV content and ad delivery to achieve strategic goals. You will also consult with and support publishers in order to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for our partners.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of solution-oriented trusted advisors support millions of customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
* Deliver innovative and scalable solutions to strategic video publishers.
* Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
* Assist clients in the adoption of new products via upgrades and migrations to develop their long-term success.
* Work with Product Management and Product Engineering to develop proofs of concepts that solve for untapped market needs and turn these proofs of concepts into viable products.