6 months ago
Vendor Manager- Retail Vendor Recruitment
What does it take be part of a team of business development experts who sign up new vendors and integrate their product portfolio into Amazon websites to make us the most customer centric company in the world?
Sounds great! What will I be working on?
In this role, you will be operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment and will have full responsibility for achieving business objectives. If successful, you will engage in projects that will drive business growth and help shape the future of Amazon Retail in the UK. We expect that you can work autonomously, think both strategically and tactically and take full control and responsibility for achieving your goals. You will also be encouraged to identify ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity. You will ensure that your team identifies, engages and integrates a portfolio of new vendors to Amazon.co.uk, as well as analysing complex data to identify growth opportunities to help the RVR team succeed.
· Identify, prospect, and recruit vendors to Amazon.co.uk by calling, emailing or attending commercial events and trade fairs and explaining the benefits of a retail relationship with Amazon
· Be a business consultant to new vendors providing insights and advice, with the ability to interact with different business profiles and sectors
· Help new vendors master Amazon’s tools and systems so that they can be self-sufficient and integrate their products to Amazon’s platform efficiently and to the standard required
· Help improve business processes and make us more effective in supporting our vendors
About Retail Vendor Recruitment (RVR)
Amazon, one the world’s leaders in e-commerce, is expanding its Retail business and looking for a smart and ambitious RVR Vendor Manager based in the UK to enable new partnerships with vendors aiming at integrating their product portfolio into Amazon websites. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer the best customer experience for our customers and opportunities for you!
A Day in the Life
· Participated in a team ‘pitching session’ calling vendors not yet on our website and had interest from a number of these and progressed them to the next stage
· Negotiated terms with vendors that are willing to put all their products on our website
· Led a project review with my EU counterparts on new ways to speed up our process from first call to launch of new vendors
· Presented to a group of new vendors at an organised event at our office in London on how to make the best of their relationship with Amazon
· Carried out an analysis on the number of vendors eligible for a new way to distribute their products to our customers and fulfilment centres and presented my findings to the UK team
· Met up for drinks after work to congratulate a colleague who is moving to a new role within Amazon
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Passionate about online business, e-commerce and sales
· Target driven and results orientated
· Strong ability to handle objections
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
· Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Educated to at least degree level or compensating work experience
· Demonstrated track record of success in a sales role or cold calling would be advantageous
· Experience in data analysis, either professional experience or through your education
· Experience with e-commerce or retail would be advantageous