12 months ago
GBR - Hounslow - HeathrowSales Consultant (VAT)
Location: Heathrow Airport
Contract: Fixed Term - Full-time
Full-Time Salary £15,070 + OTE plus Benefits.
50% discount at Staff canteen
Airport discount with your ID pass at selective retailers and eateries
Are you ready to join a team of exceptional people? Working at Travelex isn’t just about having a job; it’s about having a career. We want to make sure our employees feel happy, supported, and enthusiastic about our values.
We lead every employee beyond, we perform beyond, we grow beyond and we reward beyond
Travelex is… About passion! We are looking for candidates who want to build a career with us. If you are resilient and completely committed to the Travelex values, whatever your area of interest, we want to hear from you. We demonstrate a “can do attitude” working closely with your manager who will coach and support to bring the best out in you!
We make sure learning and development is accessible to everyone. We provide a support network with tools to enable you to navigate a career and personal development path that matches your aspirations! Don’t delay, join Travelex today!
Our airport stores capture the essence of what makes your journey exciting! Working alongside an excellent team you will work hard to maintain our impeccable standards, providing a consistent and seamless experience for our customers. Impressing them with your knowledge of Travelex products and your personal and engaging manner, you will deliver unparalleled customer service.
You must be flexible to work a shift pattern between 4.30am – 22.30pm, 4 days on / 2 days off which covers 365 days a year, on a 36 hours contract. You must also be able to commute to Heathrow Airport during unsociable hours. Please note it is standard procedure to have all security checks completed within 3 months. The referencing process for Airport Security is particularly detailed; therefore you must be able to provide a five year work and personal referencing history during the interview process.
This is a uniquely challenging, exciting and varied role with a mixture of sales, customer service and administration.
On a typical day of a Sales Consultant you will:
* Handle foreign exchange transactions for customers
* Maximise store revenue by up-selling and cross-selling
* Meet sales targets and deliver excellent customer service
* Offer the best service solution to every customer
* Perform cash handling accurately
* Handle customer queries and concerns
* Serve on average 40-60 customers during non-peak season. You’ll be serving at least twice as many during peak season
* Be a Travelex ambassador at all times
To succeed as a Sales Consultant, you must be:
* Able to comfortably deal with challenging customers
* Target driven and able to deliver results
* Able to complete detailed work accurately and at a fast, efficient pace
* Be a team Player
* Able to work well under pressure
* Able to clearly follow audit, compliance and security procedures
* Presentable and “dressed for success”
We are looking for candidates with:
The ability to demonstrate resilience when working to pace , commitment to customer satisfaction, you will help provide an experience that is both focused and attentive, whilst also working with efficiency and pace, to ensure all customers are served in a professional and courteous manner.
To be successful, you must have Customer service /retail experience, with a proven record of both sales and clientele.
* Good communication skills at all levels
* Demonstrated cash handling experience is preferred, however full training will be given
* IT skills and able to use Microsoft applications
* Good numerical abilities
* Good attention to detail
* The ability to speak another language (advantage)
* Flexibility in working shifts between 4.30am – 10.30pm 365 days a year
Successful candidates must pass a numeracy test, be able to provide a 5-year checkable history, plus pass credit and criminal record checks. Please ensure that you can travel to and from the airport for the specified shift times
Travelex is the world's largest foreign exchange specialist and we're proud to bring you our products and services to help you make the most of your trip.