8 months ago
* BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, Interaction or similar area, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in creating strategy and designing products, with a track record of key contributions to innovative, successful products and UI Platforms.
* UX portfolio, demonstrating clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions.
* Experience working collaboratively with designers, product managers and engineers.
* Technical knowledge of front-end mobile and web technologies.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
About the job
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
Within Geo, the Merchant and Local Commerce efforts are the fastest growing priorities. We are re-designing Google My Business and creating a suite of services for businesses to help them grow. That includes products to help businesses get more customers, communicate with them and schedule appointments with them.
UX Design Lead, you'll apply your passion for research and design processes, rapid and iterative product development, and collaboration skills to design and deliver compelling experiences for small businesses around the world. As part of this role you will also use your stakeholder management skills by working closely with Product & Engineering Directors.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
* Create compelling product vision and strategic roadmaps to the Merchant and Local Commerce teams in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering leads.
* Coordinate with design leadership in Mountain View and Zurich to nurture and grow a newly formed Design team.
* Evangelize Small Business efforts and collaborate across Google to make all products better.
* Build relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside of Geo, to drive user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
* Successfully collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Directors both within Geo and across Google to make tough tradeoffs to get the right end-to-end experiences built.