3 months ago
About the Team:
O2 offers customers one single consolidated provider for all their IT and communications needs. Through O2 ,customers can optimise their voice and data networks and prepare to face new challenges.
The O2 Skype for Business and Hosted Voice Senior Engineer will be responsible for operating the O2 managed service including operations, maintenance, support and project work. This covers Microsoft Skype for Business 2015, Exchange, Active Directory, Office365, VMware, SBC and SIP related skills and will work closely with the network and security functions in operations.
- Working with pre-sales and business partners on design solutions as required
- Develop documentation including solution designs, diagrams and test documentation
- Ownership, diagnosis and resolution of high level faults and problems in both hardware and software relating to the projects
- Developing and implementing appropriate security processes, policies and recommendations
- Provide 3rd line support: analyses and provision of solutions to serious problems
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors as a collaborative operational team and support escalations, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Training and mentoring to others on an ad-hoc basis or part of an overall development plan
Skills & experience:
- Must have extensive industry experience within Skype for Business and Lync, especially with voice. This can be PBX integration as well as gateways and SBCs
- Experience of Microsoft Server versions including facilitating technologies like PowerShell.
- Must have suitable Exchange and AD experience to support Skype for Business support work to lead and assist the customer in making any changes required to these environments
- Skype for Business 2015 Enterprise edition
- Lync Enterprise edition
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Active Directory including resource forests and trusts
Closing Date: 12/12/18