6 months ago
• Bristol (Design Studio) & Swindon location
• Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society...
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
And we're different…we’re a Mutual Society, owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors.
We’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our multi-channel digital service, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions to grow our digital active user base, develop our Open Banking channel and revitalise our Branch network - all designed to give choice to our members and meet their needs today and tomorrow…
That’s where you come in...
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced, talented UI Design Manager to join our expanding Service & Design Experience team, providing in-house design expertise and true user-centred design. We’ll need you to work flexibly between our Design Studio in Bristol and our purpose designed Agile ‘Hub’ environment in Swindon, although this is project dependent.
Join us and help build our community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience.
Who we're looking for
In terms of your skills and experience, as a minimum, you’ll have:
• Demonstrable experience researching and crafting design-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environment
• Experience in leading or managing in-house and freelance designers – either agency or client side
• Proven experience of successful management and delivery of design elements of medium-to-large projects
• Demonstrable experience gained ideally in the consumer retail or banking space, with a proven track record of commercially evaluating, scoping and shaping online services and process
• A strong well rationalised digital design portfolio
• Exceptional commercial awareness and strategic thinking
• Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
• Exceptional influencing skills
What you'll be doing
We’ll need you to focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. You’ll be meticulous about research and data and have extensive experience leading and collaborating with content and UX designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to deliver class-leading member experiences.
In this pivotal role, you’ll shape design’s role across a wide range of digital projects, supporting and influencing senior stakeholders and championing visual design across the business. Comfortable leading multiple projects, you’ll make sure we get the right design in the right place at the right time.
You’ll be across everything: research, analytics, insight, design, testing. Collaborating with managers of other disciplines, you’ll oversee compelling digital experiences and ensure what we agree with our senior stakeholders is what we deliver. You’ll represent us a respected SME at events throughout our business, as well as at relevant external events.
A skilled mentor and people manager, you’ll share your knowledge and experience in ways that create a positive, sharing culture where your team is continually encouraged to develop their expertise, raise the quality bar, constructively challenge and create.