6 months ago
The Amazon Gift Card business is a rapidly growing, multi-billion dollar business, which significantly contributes to the company’s profitability. The Gift Card (GC) team is responsible for creating and enhancing multiple stored value products sold globally through a variety of channels, including the Amazon website, direct corporate sales, retail stores, and other partnerships. As a result of strong growth, we are looking for a Channel Manager to manage our Brick & Mortar gift card business in Turkey.
The Channel Manager will own the process for expanding Amazon’s gift card products in offline retail locations across Turkey. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including: product management, tax, engineering, finance, customer service, accounting, Transaction Risk Management (fraud) and our distribution partners. You will work with these groups to assess your business marketing needs, analyze the results, ensure best-in-class customer support and help them to understand the product positioning and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the gift card program’s offline sales channel for Turkey.
Success in this position will require strong business development skills, account management, excellent marketing fundamentals (optimizing offsite marketing efforts, incorporating the “voice of the customer,” determining the appropriate product mix, etc.), and “big idea” creativity that utilizes our gift card platform and Amazon marketing assets to get our customers the right product where and when they need it.
Core responsibilities include the following:
· Financial Responsibility: This Channel Manager will work with the Head of EU B&M Gift Cards to drive the top and bottom line of offline sales plans, whilst optimizing all aspects of cost-effective marketing, operational improvements and customer experience.
· Offline Store Management and Demand Generation: This position will manage all aspects of our Turkish offline gift card business. This includes all business development, marketing, promotions, demand generation, product placements, customer experience and customer service.
· Process Improvement: Invent and drive continuous process improvement to scale this growing category with unique needs within external marketing, gift card/marketing material production and instock management.
· Strategic Execution: Executing the product and sourcing/selection strategies (developed with Luxembourg GC leadership), and demand generation tactics to meet our financial objectives.
· 3-5 years of product marketing/business development/account management experience, preferably in a retail or online services company
· Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to communicate well with different functional groups and senior management, both internally and externally
· Strong Excel skills, with deep experience in demand forecasting and marketing ROI analysis
· Prior experience launching new consumer-facing products in a retail environment
· Bachelor’s degree
· MBA or equivalent degree
· Past experience with digital technologies, consumer products, media and e-commerce