3 months ago
Sales Specialist - Trauma – DePuy Synthes
Oxfordshire and Berkshire
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover in excess of $91 Billion.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of creative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is the best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
We are recruiting a Sales Specialist for our DePuy Synthes Trauma business covering the Oxfordshire and Berkshire regions.
* Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
* Within allocated geographical region, interact and promote products to key customers and partners in secondary care. Takes the lead in managing the Specialty customer.
* Manage territory through the development of comprehensive business plans. Focus on the highest value opportunities to grow and develop new business including taking competitor share and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers and core business.
* Run and develop accounts and own the relationship between the Company and the customer, ensuring efficient alignment of all efforts to maximise impact of all activities driving growth.
* Work with Regional Sales Manager and other colleagues to define commercial requirements to grow and protect our business.
* Ensure key insights from the external marketplace are appropriately shared internally to craft future business plans.
* Ensure competence in procedural focus area and product portfolio.
* Act as an ambassador for Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices aligned to our Credo.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Analyse and interpret account strategies and plans utilizing key systems and data, both internally and externally, where appropriate to gain a deep understanding of the business environment and insights in to account needs
* Develop, deploy and maintain tactical account business plans that align to business and customer objectives to deliver agreed objectives
* Prepare appropriate plans to meet with customers (with contingencies) in order to deliver on account plans and breakthroughs.
* Prepare presentations for meetings as appropriate
* Prepare presentations for meetings as appropriate
* Build strong networks of relationships that enable the identification of mutually beneficial opportunities to sell key technologies in the surgical procedural environment
* Present brand value propositions and valuable customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours
* Work collaboratively with colleagues across Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices to deliver business plan
* Collaborate with other Sales Specialists and commercial teams to deliver coordinated approach where applicable
* Respond to requests for support from other customer facing colleagues and actively share information and insights where customer may be shared across via the customer relationship management system
* Contribute and collaborate with colleagues in regional team to work collaboratively towards regional business planning goals
Professional Education and Marketing
* Leadership of customer training activities
* Partner with Professional Education to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as championing the effective use of the Company’s comprehensive Professional Education offering
* Understand technical information pertinent to the procedure and product platform
* Maintain up-to-date market and industry knowledge
Skills and competencies required:
Selling & Negotiating skills
to effectively plan
communication skills –written, spoken and presentation ability
and business partnering skills – understands partners requirements,
ability to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drives the
adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor providing
to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that helps the
customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner
utilise the Company’s selling tools (Integrity Selling)
learning utilising the internal training modules
deep clinical expertise in procedure and product knowledge
– dedicated in business situations; expands network continually;
comfortable in meeting new people and stimulating conversation
and teaming – great teammate, actively engages and collaborates across
and tenacity and a strong winning spirit
Education & Experience Required:
of the external secondary care environment
successful track record in selling, ideally within the Medical Devices
Key Compliance Requirements:
* Act as
a role model for J&J Credo values at all times. Demonstrate integrity
and ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility
thorough familiarity with your detailed personal Health & Safety
responsibilities as described in the Company’s Health & Safety policy
to UK Safe Fleet Policy
to Healthcare Compliance Policies
to all Company policies and necessary training and development
requirements within required time frames
compliance to the Company’s product complaint process
to travel, and attend meetings as required
In order to achieve our set goals & targets, we must all lead using
our Leadership Imperatives and achieve our Leadership Performance Standards:
LIVE OUR CREDO: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviours that reinforce
CONNECT: Collaborate internally and externally in order to develop
insights to drive innovation
SHAPE: Driving meaningful innovation through our insights to meet unmet
needs and generate value and solutions for our customers. In order to do this
we must be ambitious and courageous in challenging the status quo and adapting
LEAD: Everyone is a leader and is accountable for their own development
and that of others. We must leverage diversity and ensure we have open and
DELIVER: Is “HOW” we accomplish our business results. We must focus on
our ability to inspire and mobilize people; empowering them to act boldly with
speed and agility, to do even more than they thought they could.
What type of mark
will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital
contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere.
At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our
people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we
develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development
opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can
demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your
values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal
opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)