6 months ago
Trainee Business Development Analyst
Year 1 £20,000
Year 2 £22,500
Year 3 £25,000
(progression subject to successful achievement of development objectives).
Our client is the leading provider of “green services” to local authorities and other public bodies in the UK. It has almost three thousand employees nationally and is growing fast. Services provided include grounds maintenance in parks and open spaces, cleansing, and landscape construction. As part of the Management Development Programme, they are currently recruiting for a Trainee Business Development Analyst
An opportunity has arisen for a permanent Trainee Business Development Analyst to join the team in Coventry. You will play a key role in the Business Development team via the Management Development Programme (MDP) Placement.
The MDP placement is a twelve-month programme where the MDP trainee will spend the first three months experiencing all functions within the business development operations including responding to pre-qualification questionnaires, attending bidders’ days, GIS mapping, bid estimating, project research and client presentations. After this initial three-month period, the MDP trainee will specialise in the development of project research and evaluation and service delivery estimating. Within the first 12 months, there will be the opportunity to gain hands-on experience on a contract to develop a better understanding of the business.
At the end of the training year MDP trainees will undergo a review and final progress assessment, part of which will involve production of a final report and presentation to the executive board. Those MDP trainees who show the necessary ability, motivation and commitment at this stage will progress to the post of Junior Analyst in year 2 and then following the achievement of development objectives progress to the post of Business Development Analyst in year 3.
Skills/Qualifications and Experience
• You must have, or expect to gain, good A Levels or a degree in an academically challenging discipline, such as:- Mathematics- Physics- Modern Languages- English- Chemistry- Chemical Engineering- Geography- Geology
• Demonstrate previous work experience during your career so far, either as part of an integrated degree course or during vacation periods
• Experience of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience of using Mathematical/Statistical/Financial Modelling Software desirable
• Experience of using GIS mapping Software desirable
• Experience of handling/manipulating large data sets, analysing and interpreting /communicating results to an audience
• Ability to review and interpret large quantities of data (across a range of formats)
Full training and development opportunities will be provided for the right candidate.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please submit a covering letter and your up to date CV today. Your covering letter should clearly state your skills and experiences that are particularly relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Friday May 10th 2019
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.