6 months ago
Trade Sales Counter Person
Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
Our Trade Sales Counter Person is the first point of contact at the counters in our depots. They assist our customers while selling the company’s range of products and services and provide excellent customer services and have extensive knowledge of Howdens products.
• Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service and support the wider sales team in generating and chasing leads.
• Process sales for customers using the in store payment systems, quoting correct pricing, delivery date and stock requirements.
• Focus on effective customer account management, aiming to increase the company’s customer base and develop long term collaborative relationships within the building trade.
• Maintain up to date product and industry knowledge.
• Previous sales experience is desirable
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
• Experience in meeting and exceeding sales targets
• Planning and organising skills
• Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws