9 months ago
Trade Counter/Sales Office Assistant
Location: Springfield Business Park, Chelmsford
Salary package: up to £18k (dependant on experience)
Our client is part of the Headlam Group, the country’s leading distributor of Floor Coverings. Their customers are independent retailers and contractors, located throughout the United Kingdom within established sales territories.
They currently have a vacancy for a Trade Counter/Sales Office Assistant with the talent and motivation to progress to become a Field Sales Representative of the future. This excellent opportunity is based at the busy Trade Counter on Boreham Interchange, Chelmsford and exists as a result of internal promotion.
• Ensure the trade counter customers are served quickly and efficiently.
• Ensure telephones are answered promptly, and orders taken accurately and priced correctly.
• Process e-mail and faxed orders.
• Learn all aspects of the Trade Counter & Sales Office function
• Develop excellent product knowledge.
• Develop excellent working relationships with our customers and field based team.
• Maintain stock levels and merchandising within the trade counter and showroom.
• Some warehouse duties, including stock taking and assisting customers with loading.
• Support the trade counter manager in developing sales.
• Learn sales techniques and adapt to your own personality.
• Accompanied working with existing representatives in the field.
The successful candidate will:
• Be highly motivated and keen to succeed and progress within the business.
• Demonstrate previous experience within a Sales Office and/or Trade Counter environment
• Have an excellent attendance record in previous roles.
• Be educated to a good standard at GCSE level, and will ideally have achieved good grades at ‘A’ Level, though common sense and an excellent work ethic are more important!
• Have the ability to communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels.
• Be well-organised, methodical and calm under pressure.
• Have a good understanding of IT systems including Excel, Word and e-mail, (training will be given on our in-house system).
• Aspire to succeed in a career in Sales and want to progress to a field sales role in the future.
• Be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge of flooring products is not essential, but would be an advantage, as would experience of a similar working environment and a forklift licence.
Our client offers a full benefits package, which includes excellent salary structure including bonuses, pension scheme and life assurance.
Closing date for applications 10th December 2018.
Please apply online today and submit your current CV and contact details.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
28 days ago
only 1 hours until close
18 days ago
only 11 days until close
7 days ago
only 22 days until close
27 days ago
only 23 hours until close