4 months ago
Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Ultimately responsible for the trade compliance strategy, including all Import, Export and associated activities within AS Watson H&B UK Ltd. Ensure the business is adhering to the all relevant external regulations and the internal trade compliance policy, standards and related processes.
Assist the business with future ventures and future proof import and export related processes to ensure smooth expansion when required.
Day to Day continuity of Trade Compliance:
* All day to day enquiries from internal and external stakeholders on trade compliance matters
* Support with restricted party screening by investigating and giving a decision on any searches producing hits against potential suppliers or customers
* Supporting with any requests for shipments of GNFR (Goods Not For Resale) items in or out of the UK.
* Build a strong relationship with supply chain who manage import/export activities:
* Liaising with the IB team to schedule Import shipments into the DC’’s
* Liaising with customs brokers to declare:
* Import shipments to the DC
* Export shipments to stores outside of the UK
* Completion of export invoices for shipments to stores outside of the UK
* Supporting in any exports of Goods Not For Resale (GNFR) items to stores outside of the UK
* Management & completion of the logistics log for imports and exports
* Logistics/Customs Broker invoices to ensure all charges relate to our business and are accurate using the logistics log, reporting any discrepancies to the relevant parties
* Assisting with the monthly Reconciliation of:
* MSS reports which detail all imports and exports declared against the businesses name
* DAN (Deferment account) statements which detail all import VAT and duty paid against the company name. Ensuring all payments relate to our business and are accurate, reporting any discrepancies to the relevant customs broker
* Intrastat reports which detail all goods moved between the UK & EU and relevant commodity codes (May change format or become obsolete after Brexit)
* New Supplier reports from Oracle – Incoterms and Restricted Party Checks
* New Product reports from Retek – Commodity Codes, Country of origin, Dangerous goods and regulation
* To support and assist in the compliance of import & export for GFR (goods for resale) and GNFR (Goods not for resale)
* Ensure the business is adhering to the trade compliance policy, standards and related processes
* Liaise with external bodies when required such as HMRC, customs, brokers and logistics companies
* Liaising with the International Buying team in AS Watson group on business strategy and expansion
Ongoing Business Strategy:
* Continued review and tracking of any relevant trade compliance regulations:
* Continued review of existing import & export related processes to ensure a smooth supply chain and a future proof business
* Continued and ongoing training all departments in areas of trade compliance both generic and specific.
* Assist with future proofing the e-commerce business to allow for expansion
* Assist IT with management of compliance data
* Assist International Buying with the set up and continued supply of Other Country Orders (OCO)
* Assisting with any other matters required on the Trade Compliance
* Develop and refine processes to improve operational efficiency within own area of responsibility and support other functions by representing team as point of contact for first line queries
* Customs Brokers
* Logistics Companies
* British Retail Consortium (BRC)
* Superdrug & Savers Offices (All departments)
* Superdrug & Savers Distribution Centres (Dunstable and Pontefract)
* UCD Warehouse (Nottingham)
* AS Watson Internal Buying (HK)
* AS Watson Group Tax (UK)
* Must have direct knowledge in trade compliance, supply chain, import and export and experience in a similar role
* Experience in mapping processes
* Must be self-motivating
* Must have good stakeholder management, being able to engage with varied and multiple stakeholders
* Can quickly respond to changing requirements (linked to legislative and government guidance)
* Used to working with confidential and business sensitive data
* Attention to detail
Here’s what’s in it for you
* Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
* Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office
* 2 staff discount cards for yourself and a family member or friend
* Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers
* On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
* Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.