9 months ago
Third Party Claims Handler
Job Title: Third Party Claims Handler
Location: Broadland Business Park, Norwich
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Working Hours: Shift patterns covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday (Rotation of 1 late per week (11pm-7pm/ 12pm-8pm) and some weekends including Saturdays & Sundays. Average of 35 hours p/week.
Salary: Starting salary of £17,000 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)
Are you someone who:
· Thrives on a challenge where no two days are the same?
· Likes to deal directly with our customers and third parties on the phone in their time of need to help get them back to normal?
· Enjoys negotiating with people and making decisions based on facts by asking assertive questions?
· Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands?
· Is a team player with an excellent telephone manner and proactive attitude?
· Is a confident rapport builder with persuasion and influencing skills?
· Is able to confidently articulate to our customers and third parties the benefits of Aviva product and supplier network?
If you answer yes to all of these, we would love to meet you!
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need:
We have exciting opportunities for Third Party Claims Handlers to join our centre of excellence at the Broadland Business Park. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our Third Party claims team, you will have a vital role to play.
You will need an excellent telephone manner in this role to deal with our customer’s Claim and Third Party claims. This includes dealing with the Third Party, Credit Hire Companies, Third Party Insurers and negotiating settlement. You will contact Third Parties to establish their intentions if they are a non-fault party and understand their needs and what matters to them. You will be able to articulate the benefits of using Aviva’s services and build an instant rapport with Third Parties.
You will understand what a Third Party is entitled to and by converting the right Third parties, we are able to control costs, improve the Third Party’s journey and create new customers.
You'll enjoy taking personal responsibility for your own workload; continually reorganising and prioritising to ensure our customers get the best service possible. With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes - ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them. Full training will be provided.
What you will get for this role:
• Starting salary of £17,000 with pay progression steps in place and the potential to increase to £22,000+
• Generous, defined contribution pension scheme.
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
• Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through ‘My Aviva Extras’ plus discounts for Friends and Family.
• Excellent flexi-benefits package to include a matching share save scheme.
• Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
Please note that there is a free bus service that runs from the city centre directly to the site. Unfortunately, there is no onsite parking available however Aviva has additional offsite parking at the Postwick Park and Ride site together with a bespoke bus service to our offices on the Broadland Business Park.
About Aviva/ Additional Information:
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact: Danielle Stallard on
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.