9 months ago
Telesales Business Developer
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* To obtain key information to generate effective customer leads, with a focus on increasing future business
* Contacting customers on a daily basis, in a friendly and engaging manner over the phone and face to face, while identifying opportunities to upsell
* To monitor new accounts with a welcome call/letters and sending of marketing materials
To deal with enquiries from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way.
* Effectively communicating the full range of products and services offered by the company
* Increase the customer account base via the telephone and mailing Depot promotional literature for marketing opportunities
* Maintain accurate records of the customers contacted, so that progress can be measured and relationships developed
* To complete the following administrative duties such as; invoicing customers, stock reconciliation, filing and data entry
* To participate in effective account management and accurate reporting, with the use of the AMR (ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT) reports
* To undertake the banking and compliance related tasks when necessary, following the procedures in the Depot policies and procedures manual
* To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and Depot targets
* To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the Depot and to ensure 100 % compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and expectations
* This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, but outlines the main points of the role.
Key Performance Indicators
* Positive customer feedback and progress through 1-2-1 reviews
* Managing your lead bank to reach its full potential
* Targets met or exceeded
* Build and maintain relationships with customers and fellow team members, while working towards your individual targets
* Confidently communicating to customers across all levels and creatively suggesting new ideas to promote the Depot
* Customer focused, including going the extra mile to solve problems that arise Engaging and listens to customers, which will involve taking notes and staying up to date on promotional/current priced products
* Prioritisation and staying organised particularly during busy periods, daily tasks and additional responsibilities.
* Highly organised and meticulous at record keeping · Committed with an enthusiastic approach · Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude · Excellent customer service skills · Uses own initiative and reliable · Able to prioritise own workload · Proven experience in telephone sales and exceeding targets · Excellent planning and organising skills
Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
Our Telesales Business Developers establish excellent relationships with new and existing customers, using their telephone sales techniques to generate business and encourage new leads. They also provide support to the depots Sales Representatives where appropriate.
• The basis of this role is to effectively communicate the products and services offered by Howdens and generate sales leads and enhance sales potential on incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
• Develop long term collaborative relationships with customers from the building trade.
• Proactively gain new accounts, repeat business and generate qualified leads for the team through outgoing sales calls.
• Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service.
• You will be required to provide the Sales Representatives with qualified leads and appointments.
• Outstanding telephone skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
• Planning and organising skills
• Ability to prioritise own workload
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws