11 months ago
Office Based Telephone Business Development Manager
Location: Berkeley Alexander, Lewes
Salary: Competitive based on experience plus bonus
With 80 local offices, over 2000 team members and over 100,000 clients, Towergate Insurance Brokers has the largest footprint and biggest salesforce in the UK. We’re community brokers and risk experts backed by the scale and spirit of the UK’s largest independent broker. We’ve got big ambitions for the future – join us for the journey and make your mark on the local community.
The candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic, with a proactive and positive approach. You will be expected to use these qualities in order to establish and develop new business with mortgage brokers and financial advisers.
The main objective of this position is to enlist the initial support from advisers who aren’t currently registered with us (either individually or as part of a group), enrol them and to develop their support ensuring that they become successfully embedded into BA (producing high levels of business in terms of both policy count & premium income).
Sales activity will be principally telephone based.
Working alongside our Account Executive Team, responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring that all in-house aspects of new registration are completed
* Contacting all newly-registered agents in order to instigate and build a personal business development relationship
* Developing the new business partner relationship to ensure that our broker customers
* Are confident in their knowledge of our products
* Fully understand our proposition and its inherent advantages
* Are able to both quote and buy from our web-based systems
* Can confidently identify, approach and sell to their target clients
* Training agents to use our online quote & buy engine
* Monitoring quote activity on a daily basis, identifying new agent’s first sale, trend patterns, hikes and falls in performance, then working with your sales colleagues to ensure the appropriate follow up action is taken at the earliest opportunity.
* Ensuring that our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is kept up to date, accurately recording the discussions/activities undertaken with all new agents.
* Handling account management queries from smaller agents who do not have access to a dedicated Account Manager/BDM.
* Deciding when an agent has been successfully integrated into BA and can therefore become the responsibility of the Account Executive team
* Being a pro-active outbound sales resource during campaign activity
* Representing the company on occasional client visits and at exhibitions
* All other duties required by Sales Director or the Senior BDM
Essential Criteria – Must be clearly demonstrated on CV
* Previous sales experience & success
* Outbound telephony experience
* Maths & English GCSE (Min Grade C)
* Ability to interact with people and develop B2B relationships
* Energetic person with a positive and proactive attitude
* Previous experience in the insurance or mortgage industry
* Home/Landlords/ASU & Commercial Insurance knowledge
* ‘Open GI’ user experience
* CRM user experience
Please apply online
More insurance expertise in more places