9 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering or systems engineering.
* Experience with developing web applications and programming languages (Python, Go, Java, JVM Hotspot, HTTP, HTTPS).
* Experience in Consulting/Engineering and Product Support.
* Background with Middleware, web services and related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.
* Strong network administration skills with a good understanding of Linux system administration.
* Demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills. Ability to keep pace with rapid changes in products.
About the job
Apigee Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs. Using Apigee, enterprises can design and deploy API proxies in public and private clouds, secure data in transit with OAuth 2.0, SAML and two-way TLS, protect against traffic spikes by adding dynamic routing, caching and rate-limiting policies to APIs, and measure the success of both API operations and API business with end-to-end analytics.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will combine software development, networking, and systems administration expertise with an aptitude for technical consulting, troubleshooting and analysis. You will work across multiple customer-facing teams to improve the product's vision, while also ensuring that global businesses and organizations continue to be successful. You are a technical solutions expert, helping Googlers and customers approach and resolve technology problems and design Google-scale services.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Diagnose and resolve customer problems for Google Cloud Platform products as part of a global 24x7 team.
* Liaise between Engineering and Consulting to resolve complex customer cases and recommend solutions.
* Work on complex customer cases and bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the product support team.
* Provide customers with strong support through excellent communication, deep technical skills and consultancy.