3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in technical account management, product management, software engineering or engineering program management.
* Experience working with computer languages (e.g., Java, C++ or Python) and Linux environments.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Experience with wearable technologies (e.g. smartwatches, hybrid watches, fitness tracker, ear wear, etc).
* Experience in building successful relationships and consulting with technical and executive audiences.
* Experience in mobile device and application development.
* Ability to code in Python and Shell.
* Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach, effective analytical skills, a sense of ownership and a proactive attitude.
* Effective communication and project management skills with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work.
About the job
As a Technical Account Manager, you are responsible for providing technical solutions and managing relationships with Google's largest and most strategic online publishers. As a liaison between clients and our technical staff, you flawlessly lead deployments, implementations and integrations of a variety of our product lines (such as Search, Mobile, Video and Commerce). From monitoring product performance to debugging and troubleshooting product code, you are the resident expert that addresses partner needs. You are a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for client management.
The Android Partner Engineering team works with the Android device ecosystem to extend the boundaries of the Android platform. The team works in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment and is deeply engaged with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), carriers, chipset manufacturers and Original Design Manufacturers (ODM) across the globe. Our aim is to ensure devices are secure and up-to-date and make Android the platform of choice with consumers and enterprise customers.
As a Technical Solutions Consultant, you are the engagement manager who's responsible for the success of our largest Android OEM and carrier partnerships. You drive new business opportunities and manage the overall technical aspects to build strong, successful, long-term partnerships.
Whether working with next-gen chipset manufacturers or emerging market telcos, Google's Android Partner Engineering team helps solve some of the toughest mobile technology problems. We work with teams throughout Google to develop solutions for strategic partners around the globe. We maintain crucial relationships with and build technical solutions for our long-term partners who are making Android into a world-changing platform. But we're just getting started.
* Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
* Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management, Business Development and Engineering.
* Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner’s integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
* Support efforts to increase new business opportunities via Google technologies.