3 months ago
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in managing strategic partnerships or client relationships.
* Experience in an object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++ or Python).
* Experience with system architecture or device bring-up of Android or other Linux-based platforms.
* Experience with Android application development.
* Experience managing multiple customers and streams of work.
* Experience working with low-level or embedded systems. Familiarity with Linux kernel, device driver APIs and chipsets.
* Knowledge of internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, RESTful APIs, etc).
* Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach with excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent communication and project management skills.
About the job
As a Technical Account Manager, you are responsible for providing technical solutions and managing relationships with Google's largest and most strategic online publishers. As a liaison between clients and our technical staff, you flawlessly lead deployments, implementations and integrations of a variety of our product lines (such as Search, Mobile, Video and Commerce). From monitoring product performance to debugging and troubleshooting product code, you are the resident expert that addresses partner needs. You are a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for client management.
The Android Partner Engineering team at Google works closely with a varied set of partners across the globe on all aspects including chipsets, devices, carriers and customer support. The team works to align the strategic goals of Google and it’s partners.
With your technical expertise and knowledge of in-vehicle navigation systems, you'll act as the trusted advisor to Google’s Android Automotive partners from project inception through to production. You'll educate partners and internal teams alike, while also supporting architecture reviews to determine product fit, and working to simplify and streamline processes; gathering and analyzing data that helps Google and its partners to make informed decisions. You'll also define the scope of technical projects and oversee the implementation of these projects.
You will ensure overall client success with Android, interfacing directly with partners to deeply understand their business and technical needs, growing technical relationships within the automotive ecosystem, developing programs to help increase adoption of Android and Google services in the automotive ecosystem, and managing key relationships and projects for ongoing special product development programs.
Whether working with next-gen chipset manufacturers or emerging market telcos, Google's Android Partner Engineering team helps solve some of the toughest mobile technology problems. We work with teams throughout Google to develop solutions for strategic partners around the globe. We maintain crucial relationships with and build technical solutions for our long-term partners who are making Android into a world-changing platform. But we're just getting started.
* Manage technical relationships with Automotive industry partners, guiding Android solution planning and implementation.
* Provide technical expertise regarding Android OS integration in emerging system architectures.
* Guide partners on maintaining Android API compatibility and platform updatability.
* Advocate for and translate industry needs to Engineering and Product teams in order to shape future platform development. Inform strategic partnership decisions.
* Develop tools and processes to streamline partner engagements and guarantee high product quality.