6 months ago
We have a brand-new role to fill as the Technical Security Consultant within the Group Entity Security team, part of the Admiral Group Information Security department. The team is focused on the overseas and non-insurance businesses that operate as part of the Admiral Group.
The role is intended to provide information security expertise to support the Admiral Group businesses in understanding their security risk exposure and ensuring alignment between local Information Security strategies and that of the Group.
By working closely with the individual businesses, the role will support a developed understanding of the information security risks that they face. This will in turn enable effective prioritisation of activities and investment, with identification of opportunities to develop common approaches across the Group.
* Promote the secure use of information within the business, enabling informed and risk aware decisions to be made
* Produce analysis and reporting of the Information Security risk and control environment, ensuring timely identification of themes and emerging risks, issues and exposure
* Assess any gaps in the information security posture, where possible identifying common approaches to address them
* Provide recommendations for action to ensure effective risk management within the Group businesses
* Support the production of information security reporting to relevant Committees
* Support the business in clearly understanding their exposure to information security risk and put in place pragmatic and cost-effective controls
* Represent Information Security as part of business projects to ensure that Information Security risks are identified and considered
* Develop an awareness of the legal and regulatory requirements of the businesses for reporting and management
* Review and challenge assessments of Information Security risks and the controls in place to mitigate these risks
* Support the delivery of business and Information Security projects
* Provide mentoring and support on information security topics
* Support consistent Information Security risk reporting, collating the information to allow for review to identify common themes / emerging trends
* Maintain awareness of potential external emerging information security risks and provide an analysis of potential impacts to the business
* Produce reports and recommendations on Information Security topics as required for business committees
* Liaise with business areas to explore current business activities and future plans, with a view to identify possible future changes to Information Security risk profile
* Provide advice to guide and support new propositions, products or areas of business expansion
* Deal with and/or refer any Information Security management queries that are generated by the organisation in a timely and accurate fashion
* Facilitate regular information security risk reviews
* Provide technical support and guidance relating to investigation of information security risk events and near miss events. Review root cause analysis performed, and action plans produced to identify learnings that can be shared amongst the Group
* Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships across the Group
Experience and Qualifications Required
The role would suit someone with an information security consulting background, who is familiar with the typical challenges an organisation faces and is able to support the business in developing appropriate approaches to manage information security risks.
An excellent knowledge of Information Security principles is required, with the ability to convey potentially complex principles to audiences of varying technical understanding. The ability to communicate effectively, constructively, confidently and professionally is key to the success in the role.
Ideally you will have experience in performing information security risks assessments of business projects and providing support / guidance to arrive at solutions that do not expose the business to undue risk.
Given the nature of the role a keen attention to detail, with excellent analytical skills is required.
The candidate must have the ability to actively manage workloads to meet business and department requirements.
A strong technical background is required for this role to ensure effective communication with IT and Information Security teams.
* Familiarity with at least one of Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
* Experience within the Insurance / Financial sector
* Information Security Certifications such as CISSP, CISM etc
* Degree in an information security / computing discipline
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with competitive pay, great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
The Recruitment Officers looking after this role are Jessica Sutton (Jessica.SUTTON2@admiralgroup.co.uk) and Luke Tooze (Luke.TOOZE2@admiralgroup.co.uk) . If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop them an email or give them a call on the Recruitment line.