POSITION: Technical Sales Support Engineer
BENEFITS: Company Pension, Dress down days, Development and training, Early finish on a Friday, Excellent career prospects + Other benefits
HOURS: Full time (typically 8-5 Mon-Thu, 8-4 Fri)
LOCATION: LE2, Split between head office in Leicester and out in the field (would ideally be based between Leicester and London, or Leicester and Cardiff)
Our client is a dynamic, forward thinking company that has enjoyed fantastic growth in recent years. The company provide niche solutions in recycling across the world, which means that the Technical Sales Managers are so snowed under visiting customers and preparing detailed proposed solutions that they don’t have much time to do anything else. In short, they need help!
The company are looking for a sharp, ambitious and enthusiastic Technical Sales Support Engineer (or two) to provide daily support for the existing team of regional Technical Sales Managers. The successful candidate will be someone who is interested in engineering and applying the principles of air system design (mass flow and pressure loss calculations) in a whole range of environments from extremely clean commercial printing sites to very dirty household and industrial recycling plants.
- You would be helping customers recycle more and landfill less and provide a return on their investment.
- You will visit customers, listen and learn; together you will then design the solution, carry out technical calculations, select equipment, prepare prices and pull together a detailed written technical proposal.
- Once you’ve sent the proposal to the customer you will then be hungry to win the contract so you will work alongside the Technical Sales Manager until it’s in the bag!
- You will provide support with general sales and marketing campaigns, tradeshows, preparing case studies, editorials, datasheets and product literature.
- This role would be split between the head office in Leicester and regional Technical Sales Managers who need support locally.
It is important that you understand the whole business; great systems require hard work from smart people across different departments. Solutions are delivered by a team and you need to understand how it all fits together.
- You will have, as a minimum, an HNC in a mechanical engineering discipline. The company will consider an ONC qualification, if you are able to demonstrate a proven track record in a technical role. Whilst technical qualifications are important, it is just as important that you have the right interpersonal skills and can-do attitude, enjoy a challenge and want to succeed in your career.
- The company know you won’t have too much experience but don’t worry, on-the-job training will be provided.
- You must be able to write clear and concise technical English as you will be required to liaise with the sales team, customers, suppliers and project managers and it must always be clear and professional.
- Be able to communicate ideas both with potential customers and colleagues by means of technical drawings, from simple hand-drawn sketches to drawings using software.
- AutoCAD experience would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given so you can at least interrogate and print off factory layouts and equipment drawings.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- You must be able to drive and hold a full driving licence.
- You will be flexible as you may work pretty much anywhere in the world and it may be necessary to travel overseas for a few days at a time, sometimes at short notice.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Product Support Engineer, Product Design Engineer, AutoCAD, Mechanical Engineer, Technical Sales Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Recycling Support Engineer, Recycling Engineer