Uncapped earnings potential for a Technical Sales Engineer with a very well known and respected fastener and bolt manufacturer and solutions provider to a wide range of markets including oil, gas, and petrochemical.
SALARY: £35,000- £45,000 Basic
· OTE : uncapped, realistic £70,000 year 2 / 3 onwards
· Good Quality Company Car
· Contributory Pension Scheme - 8% company and 5% candidate
· Full Home, Remote Communications Package including iPhone, Laptop etc
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses
· Company Credit Card
· 23 Days Holidays plus stats (rising to 25 with service)
LOCATION: Aberdeen and surrounding region.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Angus, Peterhead, Arbroath, Montrose, Dundee
JOB SPECIFICATION: Technical Sales Engineer- Bolting / Fastening Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petrochemical Markets.
· To develop a region which has huge potential for growth because it hasn’t been fully concentrated on recently, and the oil and gas industry is now recovering after the downturn.
· You will be mainly be selling to key technical decision makers at design / engineering companies and contractors who serve the oil and gas industry, major oil companies from executive down to operative level, and fabrication companies. This could be on a one to one basis, right up to presenting to groups of up to 50 to include engineering associations and societies.
· There is an existing database and clients to work from and some dormant contacts. There will be heavy marketing investment to help you, most notably and immediately a big stand / presence at the Offshore Europe exhibition in Aberdeen in September plus associated digital marketing campaigns.
· You will mainly be competing with cheaper alternatives that don't have the quality of product, detailed engineering knowledge and ability to come up with bespoke solutions and backup in terms of training and after sales service.
· The ultimate aim is to become a “trusted advisor” to the customer and an influencer on bolting standards and best practices in the industry.
REQUIREMENTS: Technical Sales Engineer- Bolting / Fastening Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petrochemical Markets.
· To be considered for this potentially financially rewarding Technical Sales Engineer - Oil, Gas, Petrochemical role you will ideally a proven track record of success selling engineered components or equipment into the oil and gas industry.
· However, my client would definitely consider a good technical background with a good mechanical or structural engineering knowledge and / or education, possibly from a contractor or petrochemical company, ideally as a design engineer, with some other type of sales experience - or even no sales experience, with an aptitude for, and a desire to get into technical sales.
· You will be a hunter, able to generate new business from scratch and to present credibly to groups of technical decision makers with a good knowledge of the technical standards and procurement processes in the oil and gas industries and how they work.
· Established over 35 years with an annual turnover of over €100m and over 500 employees worldwide my client is part of a large, ambitious and acquisitive European group of companies listed in the Top 100 of its country's stock exchange.
· They manufacture a wide range of fastening and bolting solutions for a very broad spectrum of industrial and OEM markets.
· They are a recognised leader in their field in terms of technical expertise, knowledge and product quality, with manufacturing sites across Europe and the USA.
· Their successful and profitable UK operation was established 15 years ago. It has lots of potential for growth as more industries are becoming potential markets as O & M costs and health and safety become increasingly important.
To grow the region and the role and reap the subsequent financial rewards.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Engineer - Bolting, Fastening Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petro-Chemical Markets, Mechanical Design Engineer, Sales Manager - Bolting, Fastening Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petro-Chemical Markets, Structural Design Engineer, Senior Sales Engineer - Bolting, Fastening Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petro-Chemical Markets, Technical Sales Representative - Bolting, Fastening Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petro-Chemical Markets.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Rod Plowe quoting Technical Sales Engineer- Bolting / Fastening Solutions to Oil, Gas, Petrochemical Markets and reference RP15439 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.