Technical Sales Advisor
Since 1978 our client has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: Internal Technical Sales
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £18k to 25k per annum dependant on skills and experience
Benefits: Health Care Cash Plan, Non-contributory Stakeholder Pension available, Group Life Assurance, Flexible Benefits, Buy / Sell Holiday Options, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health care upgrades available.
About the role:
The Internal Technical Sales role will be responsible for providing technical knowledge, advice and support to external customers, whilst developing and maintaining customer relationships and promoting their products and services to maximise sales opportunities.
- Deal with customer orders and enquiries appropriately and in a timely manner
- Promote and advise on compatible products and services whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Ensure customers are fully informed and are updated on availability of product, pricing and appropriate discounts and delivery timelines
- Where lead times do not match customer requirements, investigate alternative parts to meet customer demands
- Proactive contact with customer base on obsolescence issues as required by the business
- Entrepreneurial sourcing of non-franchise products
- Meet the branch KPI’s to maximise sales; and increase the range of products sold
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements, promoting and advising on additional associated products on incoming sales enquiries
- Demonstrate sufficient commercial awareness to negotiate prices, depending on the customer status, ownership and type of product; thereby maximising the margin achieved on the transaction
- If required, ensure accuracy of orders before entering onto the Strategix system
- Provide electrical expertise in the selection of technology based products utilising the support infrastructure - Take ownership and responsibility of customer issues to bring them to satisfactory conclusion
- Customer support and servicing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and data entry systems
- Experience in similar sales / customer service environment is important
- Good level of education is required, with at least GSCE’s in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- ONC / HNC in electrical engineering (or equivalent electrical engineering qualification) is highly desirable
- Experience within an electrical engineering role, or a background in electrical distribution advantage
- Ability to provide practical solutions, solve problems and look for continuous improvements
You may have experience of the following: Technical Sales Advisor, Internal Technical Sales, Sales Advisor, Sales Support, Customer Service, Customer Care, Sales Administrator, Product Sales Advisor, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.