11 months ago
Job Title: Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Client Development
Salary: £51,000 basic (OTE £60-70k), £3,600 car allowance.
This Managed IT Specialist is on the lookout for a Technical Pre-Sales Consultant.
Purpose of Job:
- To provide technical pre-sales assistance to the relevant teams
Commission: Commission is based on meeting Client Development Team Targets and KPI's on Product development activities. This bonus will be amended downwards on a pro-rata basis if the teams are below target.
- Flexible - Offices in Telford, Northampton, Bournemouth & London
- Working off site will be required to accommodate business needs.
Working hours: 37.5 hour/week, Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30 with 1 hour lunch break.
- Design and specification of customer IT solutions using a variety of server technologies. Responsibilities include;
o Gathering and interpreting customer requirements.
o Translating requirements into recommendations to meet customer needs.
o Liaising with engineers to develop customer proposals.
o Technical assessment of requests including the estimation of engineer effort.
o Contributing to tender processes and proposals.
o Maintaining a close understanding of relevant markets to identify opportunities.
- Conducting Pre-Sales technical audits of prospective sites
- Working with the technical teams to design and ratify solutions for prospective clients
- Supporting Sales with technical knowledge in the production of technical content, design diagrams and service detail
- Contribution to and development of product pillars with particular ownership and responsibility for the Public Cloud offering.
- Collaboration with the Project Management Office to articulate customer requirements
- Provision of technical pre-sales assistance to the Client Development Managers.
- Provision of regular sales training on all product pillars
- Provision of technical training to Project Management Office & Infrastructure to ensure delivery & support are suitably equipped.
Skills and Knowledgebase: Experience of at least 4 of the following technologies should be demonstrated;
* Microsoft server and desktop technologies: o Active Directory
o Windows Server and desktop operating systems
o Internet Information Services (IIS)
o Remote Desktop Services
o Clustering (MSCS)
o Microsoft SQL Server
- Citrix XenApp
- Awareness of WAN/LAN connectivity sufficient to provide advice to customers
- Hypervisor technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V
- Unix or Linux operating systems
- Monitoring applications
- MDM solutions
- Enterprise hardware for servers and storage including SAN
- Public Cloud technologies
- Hybrid concepts
- Cloud PBX and Unified Communications
Full driving license required
5 months ago
only 4 days until close
4 months ago
only 3 days until close
3 months ago
only 3 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close