4 days ago
Technical Business Manager – Milton Keynes
Technical Business Manager – Milton Keynes
South East England
Grow with a company that puts customers first
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Business Manager to join our Finance Digital Services team in Milton Keynes.
This role will form part of the Processes and Change Management team in Finance Digital Services and will help to drive the delivery of Capital strategy within the Finance strategic Transformation Programme.
This resource will be responsible for building the product roadmap and it’s successfully delivery. The team is cross-functional including expertise in different areas: Hadoop, Capital reporting, data, calculations, consolidation, reporting logic, control model, stress testing, regulatory reporting, etc.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Technical Business Manager you main responsibilities will be
* Develop and articulate Capital products vision; understand product big picture: past, present and future.
* Support Capital Finance business in the definition of the product roadmap and release plan. Responsible of the definition of the To Be Operating Model. Support the DA process.
* Document and coordinate Capital related IT topics. Support the provision of data for 3rd parties, regulators and consultancy firms.
* Identification of areas impacted by Capital Planning initiatives and liaison with individuals in those areas to ensure the To Be captures their needs.
* Support the prioritisation across the different Capital planning and Capital reporting initiatives.
* Managing financials, contracts and reporting for Capital initiatives.
* Setting sprint objectives and leading during the sprints. Monitor Scrum team velocity. Manage relationship with stakeholders keeping them up to date and engaged
Minimum skills and experience required
* Experience of Financial data and IT systems
* Knowledge in financial services ideally combining project manager, IT consulting, data analysis, capital reporting and change management.
* Experience with Hadoop and Scala/Spark applications will be ideal.
* Able to produce high quality IT deliverables within tight and immovable deadlines. Able to produce and manage project plans.
* Good written and verbal communication skills. Empathic listener and negotiation skills.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family such as, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.