5 months ago
Technical Accounting Manager – Permanent – London
Technical Accounting Manager – Permanent – London
Develop your career at the heart of our business
The role forms part of the Technical Accounting team within Finance. The team is part of the wider team within Finance which looks after Technical Accounting, Hedge Accounting and Corporate Centre MI. The Technical Accounting team is responsible for all technical accounting matters for Santander businesses in the UK.
Amongst the team’s other responsibilities, the team monitors accounting developments in IFRS and SEC reporting, assesses their impact on all Santander businesses in the UK and communicates this to all relevant stakeholders. This includes liaising with other areas of Finance on all technical accounting aspects of IFRS implementations.
The team provides technical accounting advice to all Santander businesses in the UK in respect of products, services and corporate transactions and provides technical input and support in connection with the preparation of the relevant Annual, Half-Yearly and Quarterly Financial Reports for Santander UK Group Holdings plc and Santander UK plc. Additionally, the team provides ad hoc technical assistance in support of the financial statements for other UK entities.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Technical Accounting Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Monitoring developments in IFRS and SEC reporting requirements, including meetings of the IASB and IFRS Interpretations Committee and drafting comment letters as appropriate.
* Providing support, as required, with the review of technical materials for external bodies.
* Drafting technical disclosures for statutory reports and preparing IFRS and SEC disclosure checklists, including principal responsibility for accounting policies.
* Providing IFRS technical accounting advice and support to the business, including the preparation of detailed analyses of technical accounting issues.
* Managing, coaching and mentoring more junior members of the wider team.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Strong IFRS technical accounting experience, including practical exposure to IFRS both in terms of preparation/presentation of complex statutory accounts and technical interpretations.
* Experience of the UK public company reporting environment.
* Experience of financial services and/or SEC requirements are desirable, but not essential.
* A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
* Experience of supervising and coaching staff – although the role has no direct reports, at times it may be necessary to supervise junior members of the wider team.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.