3 months ago
You’ll do more than
the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express’ mission is to be world’s most respected service brand. We achieve this by providing premium services in a manner that delights our customers each time. With over 150 years experience in foreign exchange and the backing of a global payments company American Express Foreign Exchange brings the world closer by providing market-leading currency solutions across Corporations, Financial Institutions, and Consumers across the globe.
FX International Payments (FXIP) is a fast growing, cross-border payments business, providing services to meet the foreign currency and payment needs of businesses. The business continues to grow in the UK and is now looking to optimise its customer segmentation strategy to accelerate growth and enable scalable customer management.
The role of FX Account Sales Team Leader sits within the Account Development team. This is a senior manager position within the team, with 6 Account Manager direct reports, who each manage around 200 of our biggest FXIP customers in the UK. We are looking for an experienced leader who can offer strong Account Management thought leadership ensuring effective strategies and behaviours are deployed to exceed Spend, Revenue and Retention targets.
Offer of employment
with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Ability to motivate both yourself and your team members in a collaborative environment, implementing innovative ideas to drive results in an effective and timely manner
* A strong communicator with excellent negotiation skills. Ability to work under pressure
* Experience in training and coaching team members to increase sales, acquire new clients, and support individual development plans aimed at career progression
* Able to apply knowledge of previous sales success in a personal contributory role to coach team members on sales and account management techniques
* Set and track individual and team results and KPIs daily, conduct regular 121s to assess progress against targets and establish regular team meetings
* Use strong financial acumen and analytical skills. Prepare accurate sales forecasts and present to senior management
* Experience in progressing FXIP accounts through all stages of their life cycle, from implementation, through to embedding and reducing attrition rates
* Lead by example, going back to the floor to increase motivation and collaboration.
* The ability to quickly and continually learn and implement new skills.
Previous sales experience in foreign exchange and/or international payment Account Development is essential
or higher education qualification or equivalent experience.
difference between having a job and making a difference.
has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them
in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on
their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made
a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and
collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even
take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to
take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the
guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
backing of American Express.
Don’t make a
difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you
require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any
reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on
or 00800 83
000038 (for Russia based candidates).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2019, 5:07:06 AM