7 months ago
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Group function of the business.
The Tax & Treasury team’s mission is to look after all tax requirements of our organisation by mitigating risks, filing tax and regulatory returns on time and providing advice to the businesses.
The Tax Accountant’s role is critical to delivery of Tax and Treasury objectives and is central to the small and dynamic team. The Tax & Treasury department manage the Group’s tax obligations and cash, debt, currency forwards and commodity hedges, investment portfolio, hedge accounting and currency forecasting. We are a Group function and have internal stakeholders across the Group and external stakeholders too; HMRC, auditors, bondholders, rating agencies, banks and of course our customers. Key to success is living by The Saga Way and embedding our core values in all we do.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
* To assist managing day to day compliance obligations for all taxes paid or accounted for by the group and ensure all legal requirements are met
* To provide tax accounting support for company and group accounts under UK GAAP and/or IFRS
* To be an initial point of contact for ad-hoc tax advice for the Business and covering all principal taxes
* Ensure annual corporate tax compliance cycle is completed accurately and within agreed time frames
* Be responsible for all corporate tax bookkeeping ensuring it reflect latest known position, including updates for prior years
* Provide support to the PSA process and ensure tax paid on time and in line with contract
* Complete quarterly tax returns as required
* Assist as required with acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations
* Provide tax advice across all taxes as required
* Undertake monitor and review work to allow completion of annual SAO certificates
* Liaise with auditors in respect of tax provisions and notes in the annual accounts
* Provide training to support embedding tax within company processes
* Cash management cover - manage Group wide bank account balances each day
* Assist with completing month end divisional and Group reporting packs
* Cover FX spot, forward and swap trading on behalf of the Travel businesses in line with Group policy
Produce weekly and monthly Group operational cash flow and reconcile position
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge & Experience
* Good commercial awareness essential
* Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate well at all levels
* Keeps others fully informed and the expression of different or opposing views to ensure full understanding and engagement
* Acts proactively to improve customer service. Improves lines of communication
* Helps and encourages others to learn and develop and takes a proactive approach to own development in current job
* A good negotiator, with the ability to debate thinking to get to the best commercial outcome
* Thinks laterally to identify new or untried solutions leading to business benefits
* Ability to inspire others and commands respect. Willingness to roll up sleeves to sort out issues and meet deadlines. Leads by example
* Identifies relevant information and evaluates the issues to make sound decisions in highly complex or sensitive situations
* Instigates and drives change.
* Open to new ideas
* Improves team effectiveness by providing a sense of purpose and values, and by involving team members
Education & Qualifications:
* Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA, willingness to study CTA and / or ACT
* Self-motivated, self-starter who will work well under pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* Option for flexible working
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.