about 1 month ago
System Thinking Consultant
We have exciting opportunities for System Thinkers to join our Global System Thinking Practice.
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our dedicated Systems Thinking team, you will have a vital role to play in making sure the company works at its best.
Working with Leaders at all levels of our organization, we work tirelessly to deliver what matters to our Customers and ensure we consistently improve all aspects of the system.
This role sets out to resolve the most difficult system conditions at work in the system. Working with the most Senior Leaders in the organization to transform how we defy uncertainty for our Customers.
Please note that whilst you will work in our corporate HQ in London, you will be expected to travel across our key business sites in the UK on a fairly frequent basis (20% travel vs 80% in the London office).
If you are an expert practitioner of the Vanguard method of System Thinking who really wants to use the method to tackle ground breaking systemic issues, this role could be a great option to consider.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Support the improvement and effectiveness of core operational processes and activities throughout the company.
* To be accountable for supporting the delivery and embedding of a Systems Thinking culture within Aviva.
* Support the delivery of a focused and improved customer contact experience.
* Lead on understanding the economic model for the business area and challenge decisions to ensure they are made on data and improve the system to deliver the right customer outcomes
* Use knowledge and data to challenge current assumptions and inspire change within the system.
* Assist leaders in defining the strategy for the design and management of work and support the associated cultural change.
* Collaborating with IT, Automation and wider transformation programs to translate Systems Thinking insight into actionable automation strategies with particular attention to re-use across business units.
* Design, deliver and transfer capability for the execution of education and awareness programmes for Systems Thinking to ensure sustainability
* Ensure that risks, issues, dependencies and impacts on the systemic flow are identified and responded to appropriately.
Are you someone who:
* Enjoys a challenge where no two days are the same?
* Loves to work with Senior leaders to transform an organisation?
* Enjoys improving Customer outcomes and making decisions based on facts, as well as challenging the status quo?
* Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands?
* Is collaborative with colleagues?
If you answer yes to all of these, we would love to meet you.
Experience and skills that will lead to success:
* Excellent understanding in Systems Thinking methodology (ideally in the Vanguard method) and how to build this capability in others.
* The ability to weigh, respond to and resolve issues and risks.
* Experience in driving delivery via complex relationships and management roles at a senior level.
* Experience in implementing Systems Thinking within complex businesses and able to appreciate the specific structure of a highly regulated organisation such as Aviva.
* Significant experience of working in a change environment.
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Resourcing team onor email@example.com
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.