7 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a System Management Accountant to assist in the implementation of Oracle R12, developing new reporting, identifying the correct mappings from the old system to the new ledger, system integration testing and UAT including training current staff on key activities and to address inefficiencies to improve overall system effectiveness. This role is for 6 months in the first instance.
You work as part of a team to deliver professional, efficient & accurate business reporting for all stakeholders, providing management with financial expertise to deliver timely management information within the agreed timeframes.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE AREAS:
* Responsibility for the implementation of the new General ledger from Infinium to Oracle, mid-way through a financial year, thus being able to understand all revenue and cost lines and how the subledgers feed into the general ledger. Experience of implementation of P2P and OTC, alongside the RTR module. This also encompasses the budgeting, forecasting module.
* Ability to look into the detail to ensure all balances have mapped over correctly and testing of allocation processes in line with the go-live timetable.
* At month end, it is expected that this role will also provide support to the current team to ensure both the implementation and BAU activities can achieve their tight deadlines in unison.
* Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure Invoices are correctly entered and allocated in Oracle and the automated integrations with the subledger feed in, implementing the automation of prepayment and accruals processes on the new PO system.
* Key understanding of allocation modelling with Excel and Hyperion of costs across many drivers and how they are reflected in Oracle to automate and streamline the process.
* Taking the current month end board reports for the CFO and recreate in the new system.
* Excellent communication skills, able to engage with customers and stakeholders at all levels and maintain effective relationships with both Finance in the UK and US and relaying all results and associated risks & opportunities.
* Providing support for users and provide training when required.
* Identifying gaps in processes and drive process improvement measures to address them.
* Be proactive to identify inefficiencies in all processes, communicating impacts and proposing solutions.
* Enthusiasm for print and digital media
* Qualified / Part qualified Management Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
* Industry experience, preferably with experience in a media environment.
* Able to organise and then critically analyse large amount of data.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the structure of Hearst Magazines at a business level and works to develop a good relationship with all stakeholders.
* Receptive to the need for change, demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in change initiatives.
* Acts to improve processes at an operational level.
* Ability to resolve differences of opinion within teams/departments or with other internal functions through reasoned argument and the managing of differing expectations.
* Ability to express oneself effectively in groups, or one to one either formally or informally.
* Recognised as a good listener; having highly developed questioning skills and comfortable dealing with people from all levels
* Participates in teamwork and is a helpful and approachable member of the team. Easily establishes rapport with team members and wider business.
Essential IT skills
* Oracle R12
* Hyperion, SmartView, Cognos.
* Excellent Excel Skills