21 days ago
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in relationship management and partner management coupled with experience interacting with C-level partner executives.
* Experience in all non-transactional elements of partner relationship management including; operations, account management, business/product engagement cadence, and legal and conflict-based situation management.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* MBA or similar advanced degree.
* Proven track record as a strategic thought-leader at a global technology company in partner relationship management or business development.
* Ability to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical level simultaneously with minimal direction.
* Ability to work collaboratively and to adapt; comfortable working through ambiguous requirements.
* Ability to understand and prioritize a partner’s strategic goals and successfully leverage that knowledge to support Google’s product excellence.
* Excellent relationship-building, communication and interpersonal skills.
About the job
Google's line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
Global Product Partnerships (GPP) manages Content Partnerships (e.g. data licensing agreements) and Actions Integrations (e.g. collaborations to let users “do things” like reserve a table). These partnerships help build and differentiate Google’s products in several areas, including: Search, Assistant, Geo (Maps, Local), News and Publishing, Research and Machine Intelligence, as well as Chrome/Web, Developer Products, Identity, and Lens.
Google partners come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps. The Strategic Partner Manager (SPM) role provides an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to apply and hone business and relationship skills (e.g. partner management, leadership, strategy, and analytics) with key strategic partners across a range of supported Product Areas. The SPM explores and uncovers the business needs of GPPs top strategic partners, understands how our portfolio of product initiatives can grow the partners business and strengthen our relationship with them.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions including AdSense, DoubleClick Platform Solutions and the Ad Exchange, across mobile, display, and video formats, helping our partners and their audiences get the most out of the web. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
* Build and develop relationships with key GPP EMEA strategic partners and be the principal and accountable point-of-contact for named GPP EMEA strategic partners.
* Provide thought leadership on GPPs relationship management strategy across product areas, working with leads and other cross-product area) SPMs to define and implement GPP’s approach to partner management.
* Collaborate effectively with internal cross-functional teams as necessary and appropriate. Provide support to regional GPP Product Area teams as needed.
* Evangelize new opportunities with existing, named GPP EMEA strategic partners, and champion their needs internally ensuring full Product Area stakeholder awareness and understanding.
* Maintain an understanding of Google’s competitive landscape, emerging business trends at the global and regional levels, identify emerging disruptors, and ensure all stakeholder awareness, as necessary and appropriate.