2 months ago
Position Title: Strategic Global Account Manager – ONESOURCE Global Statutory Reporting.
Position Type: Permanent
The primary focus of this role is to grow and manage Tax and Accounting’s Global Statutory Reporting customers within the Fortune 1000 of the US Corporate Market segment and Fortune 1000 presence within the EMEA Corporate Market segment. As a key member of the EMEA sales force you will be managing our largest, strategically important high profile client relationships with complex solutions specifically in Statutory Reporting, requirements and revenue targets. Working with new business teams to drive adoption of new solutions as well as with client service managers to manage a client portfolio of existing business specifically within the Global. The role will form part of the Global Statutory Reporting Sales Team which in turn rolls into EMEA Direct Tax Sales Team working with Global clients, predominantly the Fortune 1000 US headquartered businesses Head Office and EMEA operations and selected European companies who have long term and significant relationships with Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting. The role will be office based but with significant face to face client interaction including some international travel. The role will report to the Sales Manager, Global Statutory Reporting however will have a large degree of autonomy that goes with the seniority of the role within the EMEA Corporate Market sales organisation.
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. .
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Identify sales opportunities and solutions of strategic and/or high value through detailed assessment of customer needs specifically within the Global Statutory Reporting solution workstream
* Think strategically and proactively look for innovative and commercially sound opportunities which are a ‘win win’ for the customer and the company
* Drive successful execution of complex deals and negotiations with multiple decision makers both internally and within target prospect organisations
* Establish and maintain a clear understanding of the customer’s needs within the territory and communicate this to the relevant internal teams to improve service, products, solutions and ultimately grow revenue
* Implement and maintain account plans and strategies to penetrate, grow and defend Tax & Accounting’s presence in the territory accounts
* Ensure business targets are exceeded and where necessary anticipate variance discrepancies and prescribe remedies in order to rectify the situation
* Provide regular updates to sales leadership on the plans and status of the key accounts. Provide Sales Manager with regular feedback on target and actual sales figures and sales performance
* Execute a clear strategy for removing competitors from within territory accounts
* Display and demonstrate new and existing products and services using persuasive and appropriately pitched presentations
* Identify and build relationships with key ‘stakeholders’ within the territory accounts, to include, Head of Record to Report, Head of Statutory Reporting, CFO, IT & Shared Services
* Identify key decision makers and influencers at each account and routinely communicate with them
* Collaborate with the Marketing Team to share insights and intelligence from Key Accounts to inform go-to-market initiatives as well as obtaining case studies and references and securing joint speaking opportunities at user conferences, industry events etc.
* Work with internal Thomson Reuters departments to ensure key accounts are being accurately billed in a timely manner and work with Client Services Manager to promptly correct any billing issues
* Maintain the CRM(Salesforce.com) database information on all key accounts
* Represent the business in a professional manner and protect the company image at all times, using only ethical sales techniques
* Attend regular sales meetings, training events and exhibitions trade events as appropriate
Scope and Impact:
The Strategic Global Account Manager Global Statutory Reporting has a key role in the expansion of the ONESOURCE Global Statutory Reporting application to global multi-national organisations whether they are existing customers or new to Thomson Reuters. This role is essential to the high growth ambitions of the organisation and individually they have responsibility for target attainment in new, cross-sell and up-sell contract value.
Extensive travel will be required to see clients throughout Europe and to the USA for the Tax & Accounting annual sales conference.
The Strategic Global Account Manager, Global Statutory Reporting will have contact with global multi-national organisations within the EMEA market, building relationships specifically at C-level across organisations and senior stakeholders within the tax and finance teams. Contact will be via face to face meetings, phone calls, Webex presentations, ONESOURCE events and other sponsored marketing led events.
The Strategic Global Account Manager, Global Statutory Reporting will be working very closely with the Solution Consulting, CSM, Professional Services and Global Executive Leadership teams and success will be dependent upon building strong internal alliances. The Strategic Global Account Manager, Global Statutory Reporting will need to network through the organisation to ensure that they are working with the correct people to deliver the optimum solutions into their named accounts. Hence excellent senior stakeholder interpersonal skills are required.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Experience selling complex tax technology to Fortune 1000 companies and their subsidiaries.
* Extensive sales and account management experience managing a multi-M book of business demonstrating outstanding solution selling experience.
* Full end to end sales process from cold call to contract close.
* Demonstrate capability to create and execute a full territory plan and with that account plans for each client target account.
* Proven track record of winning new business and upsell with contract values regularly in excess of $100,000 within large global multi-national organizations.
* Experience selling large SaaS implementation projects within the tax and finance work streams within global organizations.
* Proven track record of articulating and influencing at C-level regarding complex tax processes and the capabilities that technology, in particular ONESOURCE technology, will bring to organizational processes.
* Experience working with 3rd party implementation partners including SaaS BPO implementers or Big 4 accountancy and advisory firms.
* Excellent communication, networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
* Tenacity and determination to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Problem Solver with imagination to structure creative solutions in line with client requirements.
* Positive attitude and results orientated.
* Detail orientated with ability to write reports with good computer literacy skills.
* Strong time management and organisational skills.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Proven deep understanding of the record to report and statutory reporting process within global multi-national organisations
* Experience working with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com
* Bachelors degree level education
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.