6 months ago
Note this role could be based out of Slough or Leeds
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Governance and New Capability team are responsible for delivering a clear and innovative strategy for Service Management that creates value. The team, working closely with our peers across Service Management defines the strategic roadmap within Service Management and works across functions including IT, Networks and Enterprise to deliver the plan. In addition, own the management and life cycle of a number of key tools within Service Management.
The role holder will diplomatically negotiate and manage competing strategic and current operational objectives across Service Management whilst engaging IT, Networks and Enterprise.
The Strategic Capability Manager on behalf of the New Capability and Governance Manager will be responsible for guiding the Service Management Leadership Team in better understanding, and effectively integrating, re-aligning and applying the tools and systems by creating a clear evolution plan that delivers on our strategic and operational objectives.
* Translation of the overarching Business & Service Management strategy into a tangible evolution plan over a 12 month, 3 year and 5 year period.
* Working with line manager, peers and stakeholders to create and own a clear transformation plan for the evolution of key Service Management processes, tools and skills .
* Liaise with Programme Management function to ensure that transformation plan in turned into portfolio of projects, prioritised accordingly, with supporting budget
* Identification of opportunities to consolidate and/or decommission platforms and simplify ways of working across Service Management and the wider business .
* Own the relationship with IT and Networks.
Skills & experience:
* Experience of successfully leading Service Management and/or IT transformation plan.
* Experience relating to OSS requirements in a Service Management environment, installation, use, inlife management and retirement
* Proven experience of developing clear technical strategies and are able to build a story around the evolution roadmap both verbally and written underpinned by sound technical knowledge
* Credible and effective communicator and influencer, able to work with stakeholder to agree, prioritise and drive forward a wide range of requirements.
* ITIL Service Management experience
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.