5 months ago
About the Role
As a Store Manager at Matalan you’ll be inspirational business leader, able to develop and lead a high performing team to exceed sales and profit targets and deliver all agreed KPI’s.
Engaging and motivating the team to deliver an excellent customer experience every day, you’ll take a strategic approach to the operation, seek improved ways of working and actively encourage continuous improvement within the store and with peers.
• As well as retaining our Customer base you’ll grow this too, engaging with new customers and driving your team to do the same
• Lead the team to deliver an exciting commercial customer experience every day
• Engage the store team to be the best they can be through the development of your people
• Plan consistent operational excellence and compliance that drives productivity and delivers good cost control
• Drive store performance and maximise opportunities to increase profit
• Previous retail management experience at a senior level ideally within a volume retailer
• Demonstrable track record of delivering high standards and KPI’s
• Proven high standards of customer engagement and service
• Strong leadership, listening and communication skills
• Good analytical ability and data interpretation skills
• Proven ability to develop others
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Your place in our world
Assistant Store Manager