about 1 year ago
Store Manager - Bicester
Responsible to the Corporate Development Director
Purpose of the Role:
Managing all aspects of the Bicester store to achieve the sales budget and brand objectives.
Closing Date for Applications:
Monday 27th August
* Exceed sales/profitability budgets for the store.
* Maintain costs in line with the store budget.
* Actively implement opportunities to motivate the team through effective leadership and management.
* Lead and develop the store team to deliver outstanding customer service and operational excellence.
* Deliver product relevant training and coaching staff on selling skills techniques.
* Maintain a personal development programme for all team members and self.
* To undertake effective performance management for team members combining formal and informal review processes.
* Recruit new members to the team as required and develop their skills to the appropriate level.
* Ensure visual merchandising standards are developed and maintained to the highest levels, within brand values.
* Commercially manage the store layout to reflect current trading conditions and promotional activity.
* To be a brand ambassador achieving exceptional retail standards and promoting the brand within the locality.
* To be accountable for all Company property through effective store security.
* Ensure all Health and Safety regulations and Company procedures are adhered to and remedial action is taken if required.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience in a similar retail store management role (minimum of 5 years managerial experience)
* Experience of managing a store with a minimum turnover of around three million pounds.
* Able to identify new and varied opportunities through business development.
* Understanding current market trends.
* Excellent people management skills.
* Conflict resolution ability.
* Acting with a professional and respectful manner to all individuals.
* Effective delegation skills and ability to prioritise work activities.
* Able to lead by example to motivate, generate commitment and enthusiasm within the team.
* Able to develop the team through training and coaching opportunities.
* Able to undertake presentations to individuals and groups.
* Excellent customer care and selling skills.
* Able to analyse external and internal data and translate into actions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships internally and externally at all business levels.
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Creative thinking with ability to translate into practical application and new ways of working.
* Time management for self and transferring organisation to team.
* Information Technology skills including: EPOS systems, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet.
* Experience of planning and executing stock counts.
* Understanding and implementation of visual merchandising.
E-mail Barbour about this vacancy
* Must be able to act as a key holder for the store
* Has an appreciation of Barbour's Hertiage and its customers' requirements.
* May be required to work /visit alternative locations.
To apply please