about 1 month ago
Store Manager - Croydon, London
Permanent Full Time Position - 40 hours per week
At The Works, we are a family! Our stores are fun to be in and jam packed with great products that our customers love...and so do we!
As a Store Manager we will need you to be a great at getting the best out of your team. You will lead by example, inspiring your team to deliver the best service to our customers.
We are extremely proud of our position in the marketplace and we know our success comes from our people, you will be at the heart of your store, making a difference to your team.
Your passion and enthusiasm will help you create your own destination place to shop, with all the excitement and fun you wish implement. Your retail and management experience will enable you to beat any targets and competitors. You will be given a lot of autonomy to merchandise your store to maximise your sales.
Working as a Store Manager for The Works is a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. We recognise that you are our future Area Sales Managers and beyond... We will actively develop your skills and personal development, as well as offer real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training team.
Main duties and key responsibilities of our Store Managers:
* Achieving the highest sales and profitability possible in your store.
* Make sure your team work well together and they are known by customers for their outstanding customer service.
* Managing and receiving deliveries.
* Devise a people plan that will deliver consistently high store standards and peak productivity.
* Strive to minimise costs, reduce waste and safeguard stock whilst complying with the Company price and promotional changes.
* Make sure that every member of your team is empowered to achieve great things.
* Have enthusiasm for the products in store including Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your interest with your sales team and customers!
What can we offer?
* Excellent on the job training
* Competitive salary
* Be enrolled onto the managers quarterly bonus scheme
* 25% discount off all of our products!
* 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Career progression
We are very proud to be a Sunday Times 2019 Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. Our mission is to offer customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
The Works is one of the UK’s leading multi-channel specialist retailers of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. We are a high street retailer that bucks the trend, constantly growing and opening new stores at an amazing rate.
We sell high-quality, great value products in four specialist categories, primarily through our network of over 475 stores in the UK & Ireland. We also have a significant and growing online presence that enables customers to shop any time of the day and an extended range of products that are not available in our stores. Our multi-channel offering, one of the first of its kind in the value retail sector, includes our popular Click & Collect service, offering further convenience for our customers.