about 1 month ago
Are you excited by Retail Management and want to develop and progress within a growing Retail Company?
This role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary.
As a Store Manager you will be ambitious, have great leadership skills and will enjoy working within a small team to deliver outstanding results ….whilst keeping the shelves stocked with our amazing products!
Duties and key responsibilities of our Store Manager:
- Achieving the highest sales and profitability possible in your store
- Make sure your team work well together and are known by customers for their outstanding customer service
- Devise a people plan that will deliver consistently high store standards and peak productivity
- Strive to minimise costs, reduce waste and safeguard stock whilst complying with the Company price and promotional changes
- Make sure that every member of your team is empowered to achieve great things
- Have enthusiasm for the products in store including Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your interest with your sales team and customers!
What can we offer?
- Excellent on the job training
- Competitive salary
- Be enrolled onto the managers quarterly bonus scheme
- 25% discount off all of our products!
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Career progression
The Works is one of the UK’s leading multi-channel specialist retailers of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. Our mission is to offer customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
We sell high-quality, great value products in four specialist categories, primarily through our network of over 450 stores in the UK & Ireland. We also have a significant and growing online presence that enables customers to shop any time of the day and an extended range of products that are not available in our stores. Our multi-channel offering, one of the first of its kind in the value retail sector, includes our popular Click & Collect service, offering further convenience for our customers.