7 months ago
Full Time - London
END. opened in Newcastle upon Tyne in 2005. Since then END. has grown at a phenomenal rate into one of the premier global destinations for luxury menswear shopping, both online and bricks-and-mortar. Now, as part of our ongoing expansion we are excited to bring END. to Soho, London.
Our London operation will span 2 floors representing stalwart brands from our 250+ brand portfolio. Exceptional service will be the norm alongside brand expertise second to none. We are looking for an experienced, industry led Manager with a strong commercial and operational focus. A manager who is a salesperson, a motivator, a leader, a brand expert and a shrewd decision maker capable of leading this store to success.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* You will be responsible for inspiring and exciting your audience – staff and customers alike.
* You will be responsible for relationship building to develop partnerships that will increase turnover. Whether this be with staff, customers or external associates.
* You will be responsible for leading a large and diverse team using a developed and mature approach to people management
* You will be responsible for recognising, recruiting and developing talented individuals for advancement and growth within and beyond the store environment.
* You will be comfortable in driving business growth through the development of new ideas and creative solutions based on the thorough analysis of KPI performance.
* You will be engaged and up to date with external influences i.e. media, popular culture, local community and industry trends. You will use this knowledge to maximise marketing and sales opportunities by ensuring the store remains commercial to the market place.
* You will be working in partnership with Merchandising as well as warehouse and stock control teams to provide feedback on product, request product, and implement action plans to increase turnover and profitability driven by product.
* Ensure that the store image is in line with business standards by conducting floor walks on a daily basis to maintain awareness of product and merchandising standards, ensure the team are utilising floor plans, replenishing stock and following VM guidelines.
* Regularly review and monitor security measures for cash and inventory control.
* Maintain workplace safety and provide a healthy environment for staff and customers.
* Prepare weekly reporting for stakeholders, including figures, snapshot of trade, highlights, lowlights and any suggestions to improve the business.
* Financial accountability managing wage to sales budget, shrinkage and revenue.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* It is imperative that you are a visual representation of END.
* You must display a bold and commandeering style of management.
* You must be charismatic with an energy that displays confidence and authority.
* You must have sales experience with brands directly relevant to the industry in which END. is positioned.
* You must have extensive management experience in a service and sales led retail environment.
* You must have an entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ self-starting outlook
* You should be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
* You must be highly organised and adaptable, methodical in approach from implementation to follow through.
Applicants are requested to submit a C.V and covering letter outlining why you want to work for END. and what you can bring to the team to: email@example.com
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter via the Apply button.