Specification Sales Manager – Flooring & Interior Products
Job Title: Specification Sales Manager – Flooring & Interior Products
Industry Sector: Specification Sales, A&D, Architects and Interior Designers, Specifiers, Flooring Contractors, Property Managers, Education, Hospitality & Leisure, High Rise Residential, Building Surveyors, Letting Agents, Estate Management and Local Authorities
Area to be covered: North West (L, WN, WA, M, CH, CW, LL & ST)
Remuneration: £40,000-£45,000 + up to £10,000 Uncapped Commission
Benefits: Fully expensed BMW Hybrid Car & Full Benefits
The role of the Specification Sales Manager Flooring & Interior Products will involve:
· Field sales role selling a full range of manufactured floor coverings/ carpet tiles
· Promoting approx. 20% fibre bonded carpet and 80% structure bonded & tufted carpet as well as a number of new ranges of FRS (full repeatable scroll), 5 new products launched this year alone
· Selling into predominantly architects and interior designers (A&D), but also other specifiers such as property developers, universities, local authorities, building surveyors, estate management etc.
· Working with a dedicated field sales professional responsible for managing some fit-out contractor and flooring contactor relationships
· Visiting architects and interior designer specifiers within the major conurbations; Manchester, Liverpool etc.
· Targeting commercial buildings such as commercial office blocks, education sector (schools, universities & colleges, student accommodation), hospitality & leisure, high rise residential and a small amount of healthcare
· Presenting 2 CPD’s/ lunch & learn meetings per month
· Utilising ABI leads and in-house CRM database
· Project sizes from 500m2 up to 5,000m2, typically £5,000-£70,000 project value
· Ultimately responsible for winning £1m of specification projects per annum
The ideal applicant will be a Specification Sales Manager Flooring & Interior Products with:
· Must have a proven track record of selling into the architects or interior designers (A&D) specification marketplace
· Other specification field sales experiences may be considered; property developers, universities, local authorities, building surveyors, estate management etc.
· Ideally from the flooring/ carpet industry
· May also be open to interior products such as: wall coverings, fabric, ceiling, partitioning or furniture etc.
· Prior experience of selling into office blocks, education sector (schools, universities & colleges, student accommodation), hospitality & leisure, high rise residential and healthcare may be advantageous
· Tactile sales background rather that technical, sold something aesthetically pleasing, ideally flooring related
· Carpet knowledge not essential
· Team player
· Energy, passion and Enthusiasm
· Strong commercial and presentation skills
· 100+ employees
· £15m+ turnover
· Part of a larger business
If your experience matches the requirements above please do not hesitate to contact Mitchell Maguire, simply apply by forwarding us a copy of your CV. Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 5 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Mitchell Maguire is a specialist construction field sales recruitment consultancy, dealing exclusively with construction field sales jobs, construction field sales vacancies and specification field sales positions within: Interiors, Flooring, Partitioning, Floor Coverings, Wall coverings, Fabric, Furniture, Partitions, Lighting, Ceramics, Suspended Ceilings, Acoustic Ceilings, Carpets and other Interior building products