3 months ago
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
Would you like to manage a specialized sales team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services’ cloud infrastructure solutions? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and leadership skills necessary to establish successful partnerships across the engineering and sales organizations? As the Specialized Sales Leader in EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa), you will lead a team of specialized sellers who are focused on selling high growth offerings from the AWS portfolio. You will establish a trusted collaboration and develop the engagement model with the generalist sales force in EMEA.
The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior sales representatives with customer contact points ranging from the CXO level to the developer community across a large geography. You will be a self-starter who can develop a strategic plan to serve the customers, partners, and market segments that you cover. Your responsibilities will include building and developing a highly talented sales team, building and managing a healthy sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration. You will ensure that your team is enabled to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with other AWS sales, solutions architect, and partner teams. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate technical competency when interacting with customers, developers, and technical architects. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges as well as build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· Substantial progressive years of Technology (preferably Cloud) related Sales management experience
· Direct field experience working with enterprise accounts
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Extensive customer network
· Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual revenue targets and building strong pipelines
· Ability to hire and retain a highly performing sales team
· Experience hiring and developing top-performing sales talent
· Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
· BA/BS degree
· Substantial progressive years of technology related sales management experience
· Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within enterprise accounts
· Work with partners and OEMs to extend reach and drive adoption of AWS solutions
· Manage contract negotiations along with the core sales organization
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
· Travel as required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.