9 months ago
Role: Sourcing & Procurement Manager/Consultant
Location: London or Manchester
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £47,000 £93,000
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments.
The Sourcing & Procurement community is one of the key components of Accenture’s Supply Chain Management service line within the Consulting branch of our company that operates across industry groups within Accenture alongside Fulfilment, Planning, Product Lifecycle Management, Service Management, Strategy, and Business Solutions. This role sits without our thriving Communications, Media, Technology and Aerospace & Defence industry group.
Accenture has an increasing number of clients asking for help in transforming their procurement operations, providing new technology to underpin them, and in some cases running the operations on their behalf – on and offshore.
If you join this team you will spend the majority of your time operating as part of engagement teams, and will be responsible for the content and quality of delivery of client-facing work. Within Accenture you will leverage your subject matter expertise in sourcing & procurement, bringing that to life in the development of proposals and internal points of view.
You will be able to cultivate and maintain client relationships and support future sales activity.
You would typically be engaged with clients in the following areas:
· Strategic sourcing
· Procurement transformation including workforce transformation
· Strategic cost reduction
· Process innovation and excellence
· Purchase to pay process implementation on cloud based technology
· Procurement performance capability assessment / benchmarking
· Zero based spend consumption and demand reduction
This variety, plus exposure to leading edge concepts, technologies and clients make this area an engaging and rewarding experience. Work is likely to involve:
· Significant client exposure
· Hands-on delivery and project management
· Design, development and implementation of solutions
· Challenging roles involving analytical and creative thought
· Management of small or large teams with responsibility for project deliverables and areas of work
· Travel and flexible working at client locations
· High-calibre peer groups and international opportunities