6 months ago
Position Title: Solution Consultant
Position Type: Permanent
We currently have a need for a Direct Tax and Statutory Reporting Solution Consultant in our London office to support our growing European sales team. This role requires the technical knowledge and experience to discuss complex direct tax issues facing multinationals today with a particular focus on the EMEA region. The specialist should understand the day-to-day challenges facing companies in complying with local and global compliance and reporting obligations and be able to discuss clients tax processes, tax technology needs and providing insight on how to improve and implement processes and technology to resolve challenges. This role will also be involved in working on scoping projects with customers, which involves interviewing client employees to understand current process, identifying areas of process improvement and detailing the results of the analysis in written form, while relating the value proposition of the product to an individual company. The successful candidate will be working with colleagues around the globe on exciting initiatives in a growth environment.
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Statutory Reporting, Tax Planning and Workflow Management.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* The specialist will be responsible for representing our ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting product, together with other solutions in the ONESOURCE suite, to current and potential clients.
* Supporting the sales team selling our ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting and other ONESOURCE suite solutions by providing demo support and assistance on the technical aspects of proposals.
* Being the EMEA product expert for the ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting solution, ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are apprised of latest developments and the product roadmap.
* Working with their Manager and Product Management on the go to market strategy and working with Sales and Marketing to ensure that our message is being communicated and that the material supports that message and is up to date.
* Taking responsibility for the client experience and ensuring that customer excellence is delivered throughout the sales cycle and delivery process.
* Producing and maintaining demo data and examples for the sales teams to use, training the sales team on these, refining these and updating as necessary.
* Training clients where needed.
* Being the 'face' of the product at industry conferences and other events
* Participation in putting together proposals
* Solution Consulting Team
* Sales Team, Customers
* Implementation (Services) Team
* Product Management
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
List in order of importance
* Demonstrable experience in financial accounting or global direct tax
* Good working knowledge of the European statutory accounts preparation process, requirements and challenges
* Experience at an accounting firm and / or multinational corporation
* Be a dynamic presenter and quick thinker
* Experience working with tax and accounting software and knowledge of other Thomson Reuters tax products is an advantage
* Guide corporations and firms to improve efficiency
* Have an ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
* Experienced in demonstrating and presenting software solutions preferred
* Experienced in presenting with the personal gravitas to instil confidence in Thomson Reuters and our products
* Post graduate qualification in accounting or tax is preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.