6 months ago
* A Software Engineer (Technical Specialist), located in our Bournemouth Offices
* Salary - Negotiable, dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration, based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract
* Please submit your application by 26th October 2018
At Nationwide we believe in putting our members’ needs first and are looking for individuals up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields, who strive to improve member experience through industry leading design, technical excellence and best practice.
Who we're looking for
You’ll have experience working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives. You’ll be used to working in a challenging environment and can react with pace to changing demands.
As a minimum requirement you will have:
* Hands one experience of the full Microsoft development stack (C#, ASP.Net / MVC, WCF, Web API, SQL Server)
* A good knowledge of software principles and patterns
* A track record in fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution
* Knowledge of UML / ERD diagrams
* Experience of working in both of software development using both agile and waterfall methodologies
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of mentoring, training and task management of more junior team members
It would be nice if you also had:
* Previous experience of working in the Financial Services industry
* Experience of continuous integration and deployment
* Experience of React, Angular or Vue
* Knowledge of TypeScript and SASS
What you'll be doing
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer, with a background in developing, designing and supporting complex web applications.
You will be working closely with the business, in an agile environment to:
* Produce estimates and impact assessments
* Clarify requirements
* Produce technical designs / documentation
* Develop and support the solutions.