3 months ago
* Experience with Android application development.
* Experience with the Java programming language and Android framework.
* Experience using Android UI Toolkit and/or framework APIs or equivalent on other platforms.
* Experience with system design on Android and/or other operating systems.
* Interest in application architecture and productivity libraries.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Android Framework is the front line of all Android applications, providing the APIs and implementation for applications to interact with everything from system components to application and activity functionality to UI facilities. These APIs are delivered in both the regular Android platform releases as well as the Android Support Library, which is the mechanism for releasing features that developers can use across many releases, not just the latest one. We are helping to create compelling APIs that allow developers to create great, powerful, and performant applications.
We are also simplifying the developer experience through new features such as Architecture Components, which enable easier development by providing libraries and guidance on practical application development.
Android is on most smartphones in world. All of these applications target Android Framework APIs, and most also target the Support Library. You will help us produce future versions of the framework and support library, and add new, important capabilities to them.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
* Help create compelling APIs that allow developers to create efficient, powerful and performant applications.
* Work on existing and new UI functionality and APIs, such as UI components, animations, text, layouts and the event processing system.
* Work on system-level framework functionality such as activity management, user profiles, storage, and optimizing system performance and battery usage.
* Create new features such as Architecture Components, which enable easier development by providing libraries and guidance on practical application development.