7 months ago
Social Media Executive
Utilitywise is a high paced, high growth business that exists to support businesses of all shapes and sizes with their utility needs, be they simple or complex, by connecting our customers with the very best products and services in the market. Over the past ten years, Utilitywise has grown from a fledgling business to one that now supports tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and Ireland, and into Europe. From simply securing a great energy deals via our unrivalled relationships with suppliers, through to intelligent technology solutions, compliance expertise and innovative procurement services we can help businesses to save time, effort and money so they can focus on doing what they do best.
Our mission never stops however, and we are constantly exploring new ways to grow our business and deliver for customers with unique and differentiated propositions and channels.
The Group operates from its headquarters at Cobalt Business Park in North Tyneside and currently employs approximately 1,600 staff across its operations.
Utilitywise was founded in 2006 as an energy procurement service provider for UK businesses. It has since grown and is now an established independent energy procurement and energy management business, it listed on the AIM market in 2012.
The Company negotiates rates with energy suppliers on behalf of business customers, provides an account care service and offers a range of products and services designed to help customers manage their energy consumption. Customers are based throughout the UK and in the Republic of Ireland, across a variety of industry sectors and the public sector, and range in size from small single site customers to large multi-site customers. In total Utilitywise has c.38,000 customers split across the two divisions; enterprise and corporate.
The Group has achieved strong revenue growth to date, seeing revenues rise from £11.7m in the financial year ended 31 July 2011 to £84.5m at financial year end July 2016. This is a result of strong like-for-like growth and the acquisitions of Clouds Environmental Consultancy, Aqua Veritas Consulting, Energy Information Centre and t-mac Technologies. Adjusted profit before tax rose from £16.7m in 2015 to £18.3m in 2016. Utilitywise has enjoyed in excess of 20% revenue growth year on year.
As the Group seeks to expand further, it has strengthened its already robust management team with the appointments of Brendan Flattery as CEO in October 2016 and more recently the appointment of Richard Laker as CFO in January 2017.
The Utilitywise Social Media Executive will be responsible for driving employer brand, through the use of social media channels.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and design the colleague social communications strategy for the UK’s largest independent utilities management company, in a dynamic and competitive environment.
Overseeing the execution of this strategy through a combination of internal resources, the Social Media Executive will breathe new life into Utilitywise’s internal and external employer brand appeal.
The main focus of this role will be on improve colleague engagement, impacting colleague attrition rate positively by exploiting social media channels to create meaningful ‘One Utilitywise’ spirit that promotes loyalty by:
* Identifying and maintaining a network of key social media ambassadors within Utilitywise;
* Creating and promoting impactful and relevant content (working with sources from around the business) that truly engages colleagues in all functions;
* Creating and updating a central hub for social media engagement on Utilitywise intranet, Ivy;
* Supporting colleagues in social media content creation;
* Executing upon the recruitment content calendar for all locations;
* Inputting to the creation of innovative incentive and reward schemes.
The right candidate will support in executing the ‘One Utilitywise’ vision, use a blend of communications knowledge, social media expertise and passion for employer branding to develop a strategy that inspires the company and prospective candidates.
The ideal candidate must live and breathe social media, enjoy engaging internally and externally, and bring our strategy to life through the strategy they are responsible for executing.
This is a permanent, full time role based at our Head Office at Cobalt Business Park in North Tyneside.
* Collaborate with colleagues across the group to create, implement and maintain an employer brand social media strategy;
* Manage internal engagement to ensure social media opportunities are maximised, setting clear rules of engagement and putting in place enabling strategies;
* Work closely with the PR and Social Media Manager to update Utilitywise PLC group social media accounts;
* Work closely with the Internal Communications and Sales teams in particular to support the delivery of the employer brand social media strategy;
* Liaise with the PR and Social Media Manager to ensure the company social media policy is up to date, relevant and enforced;
* Support across the group with social media content creation and ensure the employer brand calendar is kept up to date with a consistent flow of material;
* Work closely with the Digital team to ensure any suitable content is promoted on utilitywise.com;
* Ensure all contentment is in line with relevant legislation and Utilitywise brand values.
* Bachelor’s degree level education or equivalent.
* Expertise in the use of social media platforms for business communications and other engagement/review sites such as Glassdoor;
* Passionate and knowledgeable about social media and how to maximise internal engagement to drive desired outcomes;
* The ability to identify and escalate communications that are potentially damaging to brand to the PR and Social Media Manager;
* Strong copywriting skills, and enjoys writing, creating and editing engaging content;
* Experience in measuring social media activity KPIs and showing how they link to achievement of employer brand outcomes;
* Excellent relationship-builder;
* Ability to inspire across the business at all levels;
* Comfortable numerically, and familiar with social media analytics with the discipline to interrogate the data to identify trends, issues and successes;
* Effective in educating and influencing others, negotiating, partnering, communicating and delivering presentations;
* Proficient in social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat);
* Proficient in MS Office applications.
* Experience in driving employer brand;
* Two years’ experience in a marketing/communications role;
* Experience in creating graphics, videos and dynamic content;
* A digital/social media qualification.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
* Credible and engaging, able to communicate and influence at all levels in the organisation;
* Can work closely with Internal Communications to develop and execute on the employer brand strategy;
* Passionate about colleagues with a ‘One Utilitywise’ mentality;
* Has a strong work ethic is resourceful, assertive and takes initiative;
* Very strong written communication skills and attention to detail;
* Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties if necessary;
* Results-oriented, analytical, pragmatic, innovative, strategically-aware, self-starter;
* Straightforward, creative, proactive and a team player;
* Other essential qualities will include high levels of engagement and commitment, strong communication instincts, a supportive and accessible style and a sense of humour.
* Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
* References to cover last 5 years employment;
* Willing to travel 10% of time (several offices in UK).
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter via the Apply button