9 months ago
Apply now »
Clapham Jn Battersea London, GB, SW11 1PN
Join the family
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,800 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team. And we want you to be part of our new team at Clapham Junction!
In the middle of the hustle and bustle this new Greggs shop needs a Supervisor with proven experience of high-volume retail, hospitality or restaurant industries who is excited to take on the challenge of opening a new shop and working with the Shop and Area Managers to develop a strong and customer focused team around them in order to deliver the fast and friendly in shop experience to our customers that Greggs is famous for.
At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
We pay our Supervisors £8.95 an hour
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
We are looking for several Supervisors to join our team covering a number of different shift patterns. We will need you to be able to cover some opening shifts, starting between 5am and 5:30am and weekends on a rota basis. If this is possible please apply and we can discuss your availability at interview and we aim to be as flexible as we can.
Supervisors play a key role in the day to day running of our shops; you will work closely with both the Shop Manager and your team to ensure a fantastic shopping experience for our customers.
As well as some of the more practical tasks such as food prep and keeping the shop clean; you’ll also need to keep your team engaged and motivated to deliver fast and friendly service.
Our shops are non-stop busy places so you’ll have to stay focussed on delivering excellent standards and great products all whilst keeping an eye on your targets.
You will be responsible for running shifts throughout the week, cashing up and keeping an eye on every detail so some experience of supervising a team in a customer service environment is essential.
Most importantly your enthusiasm, hard work and leadership skills will inspire your team to deliver great results.
Your passion and an appetite to succeed as well as basic numeracy and computer skills are all you need to kick start your career at Greggs.
Everyone in our family values hard work, commitment and a flexible approach to working hours.
To be able to:
* Deliver great service experiences for your customers
* Support a high performing team
* Together with your Shop Manager achieve consistently high standards
* Assist your Shop Manager to drive sales in your shop
* Contribute to the profit of your shop
We pay £8.95 an hour and Supervisors are paid weekly
• 50% off Greggs food with our generous Greggs Employee Staff Discount Team
• Free coffees and tea while at work
• 21 days holiday a year plus bank holiday. This increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1-year continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
* Access to a range of discounts from insurance, to mobile phone providers, to holiday home plus plenty more!
* Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Healthcare Plans
* Cycle to Work Scheme
If this seems like the ideal job for you and you have proven supervisory experience within a high-volume retail, food on the go, restaurant or hospitality environment please do get in touch. We would be very interested to hear from you.
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.
Apply now »