6 months ago
Apply now »
Tunbridge wells, GB, TN2 1AH
Join the family
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,800 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team. At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
You can be part of the future of Greggs by joining us as a Shop Supervisor at our Tunbridge Wells, Grosvenor Sq shop. We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Supervisor to join our team and become part of the Greggs Family. You will work as a team to deliver the famous Greggs fast and friendly customer service to both returning and new customers. Your passion for Greggs and food-on-the-go will help you to upsell Greggs products and increase the sales and profit of the shop.
£8.95 per hour
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: Working a minimum of 35 hours over 5 of 7 days each week. The Operational hours of the store are Monday to Saturday from 6:00am to 6:00pm and Sundays from 8:00am to 3:30pm. There will be a mixture of opening and closing shifts but shifts on a rotational basis.
Supervisors play a key role in the day to day running of our shops; you will work closely with both the Shop Manager and your team to ensure a fantastic shopping experience for our customers.
As well as some of the more practical tasks such as food prep and keeping the shop clean; you’ll also need to keep your team engaged and motivated to deliver fast and friendly service.
Our shops are non-stop busy places so you’ll have to stay focussed on delivering excellent standards and great products all whilst keeping an eye on your targets.
You will be responsible for running shifts throughout the week, cashing up and keeping an eye on every detail so some experience of supervising a team in a customer service environment is essential.
Most importantly your enthusiasm, hard work and leadership skills will inspire your team to deliver great results.
Your passion and an appetite to succeed as well as basic numeracy and computer skills are all you need to kick start your career at Greggs.
Everyone in our family values hard work, commitment and a flexible approach to working hours.
To be able to:
* Deliver great service experiences for your customers
* Support a high performing team
* Together with your Shop Manager achieve consistently high standards
* Assist your Shop Manager to drive sales in your shop
* Contribute to the profit of your shop
• 50% off Greggs food with our generous Greggs Employee Staff Discount Team
• Free coffees and tea while at work
• 21 days holiday a year plus bank holidays. This increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• Greggs pension scheme
• Access to a range of discounts from insurance, to mobile phone providers, to holiday home plus plenty more!
If this seems like the ideal job for you and you have supervisory experience, we would be very interested to hear from you.
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.
Apply now »