Job Title: Shop Manager
Locations: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week)
Closing Date: 4th October 2017
The charity's shops play a vital role in not only raising money to help pets but also by promoting the charity and raising awareness of the work they do. As Shop Manager you will be responsible for driving sales to achieve set targets for the shop and maximising profit through effective cost control.
With strong commercial awareness and the ambition to succeed you will need to be able to demonstrate creativity and innovation to identify income opportunities whilst working closely with the local community and businesses. You will provide effective leadership and motivation of your shop team on a daily basis whilst ensuring that the highest standards of shop floor presentation and customer service are delivered at all times.
You will work 35 hours per week over five days on a rota to include Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Sales and Profits:
- Achieve agreed sales targets and maximise profit through effective cost control.
- Work closely with the Area Manager and Assistant Shop Manager to achieve objectives relating to productivity and income and to develop plans to maximise sales potential.
- Achieve gift aid sales conversion targets through maximising new donor sign ups and repeat donations.
- Ensure that goods in the shop are priced appropriately and to the optimum level to maximise profits from the sale of donated goods.
- Build strong relationships and engage with the local community and other businesses to raise awareness of Blue Cross and to generate quality donated goods.
- Organise fundraising events for the shop to raise additional income.
- Ensure that all relevant daily and weekly paperwork is completed to the required standard and timescales.
- Accurately input shop data for takings, banking and Gift Aid figures.
- Ensure that all administration requests from the Retail management team are responded to and actioned to meet the required deadline.
- Take receipt of new good deliveries.
- Carry out stock takes of new goods when required.
- Ensure that Data Protection legislation is adhered to within the shop including Gift Aid.
- To be responsible for the daily management of the shop team, setting team objectives and fostering a positive team spirit.
- Recruiting and training a strong team of volunteers for the shop.
- Provide development opportunities to volunteers to maximise their potential and to help with the retention of volunteers.
- Effectively carry out performance reviews for the Assistant Shop Manager and identify and address any training or development needs.
Stock Management and Shop Standards:
- Ensure that effective systems are in place to achieve the agreed processing targets.
- Ensure the shop density is kept full by ensuring that there is adequate stock available at all times.
- Ensure that the highest standards of shop presentation, merchandising and display, both in windows and in store.
- Ensure that you and the team provide the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Manage any customer complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Be a strong ambassador for the organisation.
- Keep up to date with the work of the organisation and actively promote what they do.
Health & Safety and Security:
- Ensure that all H&S requirements within the shop are adhered to.
- Carry out fire checks and risk assessments as required.
- Ensure the safe and secure handling of money and security of the premises and stock at all times.
- Retail management experience.
- Commercial awareness to deliver sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong external relationships.
- Good IT skills and a basic understanding of finance.
- Good people management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
It would also be great if you had:
- Full driving licence.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of fundraising.
Working for the organisation is very rewarding; they have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! They value their brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
- Salary £18,232 per annum.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension scheme.
- Company Sick Pay.
- Life Insurance following probationary period.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Sales Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Sales Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Store Team Leader, Store Supervisor, Shop Manager, Shop Team Leader, Sales Team Leader, Sales Supervisor, Assistant Sales Manager, Assistant Manager, Convenience Store Manager will also be considered for this role.