3 months ago
Paddington London, GB, NW8 8HA
Join the family
Are you looking to progress your retail management career with a highly reputable, strong and growing company, where you can experience both a fun and family work place atmosphere?
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,800 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team. At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
This Shop Manager position is based at our London Paddington shop. We are looking for a team orientated and socialable leader to join the friendly and hard working team already in place at this traditional Greggs shop. If this sounds like something of interest we would love to hear from you.
We are offering a base salary of £23,340 per annum plus sales related commission after training.
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
This is a full time (42 hours per week), permanent Shop Manager vacancy. The operational hours of the shop are 6:00am to 6:30pm and we would ask you to be available to cover 5 days per week on a rotational basis (both open and close shifts).
Managing your own Greggs shop requires passion. You’ll be part of a team that puts the customers at the heart of everything you do making sure their experience is a great one. How? Commitment, hard work and of course lots of fun along the way.
You'll set high standards and make sure your shop reaches them. You'll be in charge of achieving sales and profitability targets and discuss your performance regularly with your Area Manager.
As head of your own Greggs family, you’ll find the role both varied and rewarding; overseeing the training and development of every member of the team all whilst becoming part of the wider community.
You’ll find this is management at its most practical – you'll need to roll your sleeves up, get involved in food preparation, serving customers and make sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming. It’ll appeal to your hands-on nature. Of course, that’s on top of all the administrative jobs you’d expect a manager to have.
Naturally, it’s a job that calls for a track record as a supervisor or line manager and a CV bursting with customer service experience. You'll need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and continually focus on our customers.
If you've worked in food production or retail before, that’s even better!
Everyone in our family values hard work and commitment. Be brilliant in your role and you'll get some brilliant things back from us in return:
- Commission related to your sales figures
- Various competitions including a well rewarded Shop of the Year event to take part in
- Access to some great training and development activities
- Opportunities to develop and progress your career with us
To be able to:
* Deliver great service experiences for your customers
* Lead a high performing team
* Achieve consistently high standards
* Drive sales in your shop
* Contribute to the profit of your shop
• Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
* Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Healthcare Plans
* Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.